'Jupiter Ascending' Pushed Back From July 2014 to February 2015
"Jupiter Ascending" gets delayed, only roughly six weeks before hitting theaters. The sci-fi movie from "The Matrix" helmers Lana and Andy Wachowski was initially scheduled to arrive on July 18 this year, but now has been pushed back seven months to February 6, 2015.
Warner Bros.' domestic distribution chief Dan Fellman says the postponement is to give the Wachowski siblings "more time to complete their work on more than 2,000 special effects shots in the film," which stars Mila Kunis as Earth-born princess and Channing Tatum as her protector.
"With the July release date, they were just not going to make it on time," the exec explained as quoted by Variety. "A lot of the issue for us was getting it ready for the international release, since the foreign territories need additional time."
The $150M-budgeted film was initially set to open against such movies as "Sex Tape", "The Purge: Anarchy", and "Planes: Fire & Rescue". Now, it will face off Johnny Depp starrer "Mortdecai" and Jeff Bridges' "Seventh Son".
Due to the shifting, WB pulls "Run All Night" starring Liam Neeson and Joel Kinnaman off the February 2015 date to make a room for "Jupiter Ascending".
Despite the change, Tatum still has a lot of movies to promote this year including true-story drama "Foxcatcher", action comedy "22 Jump Street", and family movie "The Book of Life". Meanwhile, Kunis is among the cast of an upcoming stop-motion animated comedy "Hell & Back".
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway