John Mayer Hopes Ex-Girlfriends' Songs About Him Become Hits
John Mayer reveals that he has no problem with his ex-girlfriends writing songs about him. Speaking to TMZ recently, the 36-year-old singer said he actually hoped those songs would become chart-toppers.
"I have super strength for gang-ups, I'm fine," he told the site and added that it's just natural for songwriters to pen songs about anything. "That's what you're supposed to do, man, you're supposed to write songs. You're just not supposed to tell everybody you're doing it."
Mayer is already the subject of Taylor Swift's "Dear John" which is featured on the pop/country star's 2010 album "Speak Now". Now, another ex-girlfriend Katy Perry is reportedly working on a song about him as well.
In a new interview with Cosmopolitan magazine, the 29-year-old songstress talked about her break-up with Mayer earlier this year and said that the split might inspire new songs.
When TMZ broke the news to Mayer, the "Your Body Is a Wonderland" hitmaker responded, "I actually want everybody's song to go No. 1... I purposely stopped writing hits to give other people a chance to have No. 1 songs. I just stand to the side."
More John Mayer News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media