John Mayer Hopes Ex-Girlfriends' Songs About Him Become Hits
John Mayer reveals that he has no problem with his ex-girlfriends writing songs about him. Speaking to TMZ recently, the 36-year-old singer said he actually hoped those songs would become chart-toppers.
"I have super strength for gang-ups, I'm fine," he told the site and added that it's just natural for songwriters to pen songs about anything. "That's what you're supposed to do, man, you're supposed to write songs. You're just not supposed to tell everybody you're doing it."
Mayer is already the subject of Taylor Swift's "Dear John" which is featured on the pop/country star's 2010 album "Speak Now". Now, another ex-girlfriend Katy Perry is reportedly working on a song about him as well.
In a new interview with Cosmopolitan magazine, the 29-year-old songstress talked about her break-up with Mayer earlier this year and said that the split might inspire new songs.
When TMZ broke the news to Mayer, the "Your Body Is a Wonderland" hitmaker responded, "I actually want everybody's song to go No. 1... I purposely stopped writing hits to give other people a chance to have No. 1 songs. I just stand to the side."
More John Mayer News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3