John Mayer Hopes Ex-Girlfriends' Songs About Him Become Hits
John Mayer reveals that he has no problem with his ex-girlfriends writing songs about him. Speaking to TMZ recently, the 36-year-old singer said he actually hoped those songs would become chart-toppers.
"I have super strength for gang-ups, I'm fine," he told the site and added that it's just natural for songwriters to pen songs about anything. "That's what you're supposed to do, man, you're supposed to write songs. You're just not supposed to tell everybody you're doing it."
Mayer is already the subject of Taylor Swift's "Dear John" which is featured on the pop/country star's 2010 album "Speak Now". Now, another ex-girlfriend Katy Perry is reportedly working on a song about him as well.
In a new interview with Cosmopolitan magazine, the 29-year-old songstress talked about her break-up with Mayer earlier this year and said that the split might inspire new songs.
When TMZ broke the news to Mayer, the "Your Body Is a Wonderland" hitmaker responded, "I actually want everybody's song to go No. 1... I purposely stopped writing hits to give other people a chance to have No. 1 songs. I just stand to the side."
More John Mayer News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie