'Homeland' Adds Corey Stoll and Laila Robins for Season 4
"Homeland" has recruited two actors for season 4. Corey Stoll, who starred on Netflix's "House of Cards", lands a guest-starring role, while Laila Robins joins the show as a new series regular.
Stoll will play Sandy Bachman, the CIA chief of station in Pakistan who's a rising star within the agency. As for Robins, she will be seen as Martha Boyd, U.S. ambassador to Pakistan, who is described as "professional and put together, with a ship-to-ship voice and the personality to match."
Production for the new season will kick off later this month in Cape Town, South Africa as the show follows Claire Danes' Carrie Mathison who has taken a job as chief of station in the Middle East.
Back in January at the TCA winter press tour, Showtime President David Nevins hinted that Carrie would be assigned on a field mission. "This is a show that is fundamentally about a field operative and we really haven't seen her. With the exception of the very beginning of season 1 and the end of season 3 - we haven't seen her out in the field operating," he said. "The likely plan for next season is that we'll see her on the ground in a foreign capital doing her job."
Stoll, who starred on the short-lived "Law & Order: Los Angeles", takes a lead role on FX's upcoming new series "The Strain", which is co-created by Guillermo del Toro. Robins' credits, meanwhile, include recurring roles on "Bored to Death", "Law & Order" and "The Sopranos".
More Homeland News
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush