'Homeland' Adds Corey Stoll and Laila Robins for Season 4
"Homeland" has recruited two actors for season 4. Corey Stoll, who starred on Netflix's "House of Cards", lands a guest-starring role, while Laila Robins joins the show as a new series regular.
Stoll will play Sandy Bachman, the CIA chief of station in Pakistan who's a rising star within the agency. As for Robins, she will be seen as Martha Boyd, U.S. ambassador to Pakistan, who is described as "professional and put together, with a ship-to-ship voice and the personality to match."
Production for the new season will kick off later this month in Cape Town, South Africa as the show follows Claire Danes' Carrie Mathison who has taken a job as chief of station in the Middle East.
Back in January at the TCA winter press tour, Showtime President David Nevins hinted that Carrie would be assigned on a field mission. "This is a show that is fundamentally about a field operative and we really haven't seen her. With the exception of the very beginning of season 1 and the end of season 3 - we haven't seen her out in the field operating," he said. "The likely plan for next season is that we'll see her on the ground in a foreign capital doing her job."
Stoll, who starred on the short-lived "Law & Order: Los Angeles", takes a lead role on FX's upcoming new series "The Strain", which is co-created by Guillermo del Toro. Robins' credits, meanwhile, include recurring roles on "Bored to Death", "Law & Order" and "The Sopranos".
More Homeland News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?