Video: Rihanna Twerks in Her CFDA Award See-Through Dress
Rihanna looked so happy after being honored with Fashion Icon award at the 2014 CFDA Awards. A short clip posted on Instagram by her hair stylist shows the "Diamonds" singer showing off some twerking moves while wearing her sheer dress which is detailed with Swarovski crystals. "The way we celebrate after a beautiful night or should I say the second half of a beautiful night #cdfaicon," read a caption for the video.
RiRi sported an Adam Selman Swarovski crystal gown when attending the Monday, June 2 fashion award which took place in New York City. She only wore a nude-colored panties beneath the see-through dress, a headpiece and gloves which were also covered with crystals.
In her speech, the 26-year-old singer talked about taking risks. "As long as I can remember, fashion has been my defence mechanism. As a child I remember thinking, 'She can beat me but she cannot beat my outfit.' You will never be stylish if you don't take risks," she was quoted as saying. Lupita Nyong'o, Blake Lively, Olivia Wilde, Marion Cotillard and many other stars were also present.
Selman previously talked about his creation with Style.com. He commented on the see-through dress, "We definitely wanted to make it a little bit scandalous. The dress is just fishnet and crystals and a couple of fingers crossed. But fashion is about beauty, and the [female] body is part of that."
Rihanna herself apparently likes the piece. When asked by E! News if she would wear it after the event, she replied, "Why? Yes I am. Do my t*ts bother you? They're covered in Swarovski crystals!" RiRi, however, was spotted wearing a white dress and a blazer as she left the festivities.
More Rihanna News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'