Sinead O'Connor Undergoes Major Makeover for New Album's Artwork
Sinead O'Connor has announced that her new album is underway. On Tuesday, June 3, the "Nothing Compares 2 U" hitmaker told fans that her new LP would be called "I'm Not Bossy, I'm the Boss" and it would be released on August 12.
On the same day, she revealed the album's artwork on Facebook. In it, she looks unrecognizable as she dons heavy make-up, a black wig and a skin-tight black dress. She's also seen clutching a black guitar.
O'Connor explained on her website that her album's title was inspired by the Ban Bossy campaign which was started by Facebook's COO Sheryl Sandberg and was supported by several big names including Beyonce Knowles.
"Originally I had a different title, 'The Vishnu Room', but a few months back when I saw the phrase 'I'm not bossy, I'm the boss' and became aware of the Ban Bossy campaign, I wished I could re-name the album, since indeed it can be tricky being a female boss, and I think Sheryl's campaign is a terribly important one," she wrote.
"At the stage I became aware of the Ban Bossy campaign it was too late to change the album title because the sleeve was already in print. But last week when the record company received the promo shots, which included the cover shot you now see, they asked could they change the planned cover to the current one, and that allowed me the opportunity of changing the title," she continued.
More Sinead O'Connor News
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split