Sinead O'Connor Undergoes Major Makeover for New Album's Artwork
Sinead O'Connor has announced that her new album is underway. On Tuesday, June 3, the "Nothing Compares 2 U" hitmaker told fans that her new LP would be called "I'm Not Bossy, I'm the Boss" and it would be released on August 12.
On the same day, she revealed the album's artwork on Facebook. In it, she looks unrecognizable as she dons heavy make-up, a black wig and a skin-tight black dress. She's also seen clutching a black guitar.
O'Connor explained on her website that her album's title was inspired by the Ban Bossy campaign which was started by Facebook's COO Sheryl Sandberg and was supported by several big names including Beyonce Knowles.
"Originally I had a different title, 'The Vishnu Room', but a few months back when I saw the phrase 'I'm not bossy, I'm the boss' and became aware of the Ban Bossy campaign, I wished I could re-name the album, since indeed it can be tricky being a female boss, and I think Sheryl's campaign is a terribly important one," she wrote.
"At the stage I became aware of the Ban Bossy campaign it was too late to change the album title because the sleeve was already in print. But last week when the record company received the promo shots, which included the cover shot you now see, they asked could they change the planned cover to the current one, and that allowed me the opportunity of changing the title," she continued.
More Sinead O'Connor News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'