Dina Lohan's Driving License Suspended for a Year by Judge for Drunk Driving
Dina Lohan is not allowed to drive a car for twelve months. During a court date on Tuesday, May 3, Judge Andrew Engel suspended her driver's license for a year as a punishment after being busted for drunk driving on Long Island, New York last September.
The mother of troubled star Lindsay Lohan also must complete a drunk-driving program, attend a victim impact panel, and pay $3,085 in fines. She is additionally ordered to have a device installed in her car that will prevent ignition should she fail a Breathalyzer test.
On top of that, Dina got reprimanded by the judge. "The only person responsible for this onerous ordeal is Ms. Lohan herself," the judge said. "Fortunately, you didn't kill anybody or kill yourself. If there's a next time, you might not be so lucky." She quickly replied, "There won't be a next time." When the judge responded, "Hopefully we won't see you back," she promised, "I won't be back."
Dina was charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated DWI, and speeding last year. She initially pled not guilty to the drunk driving charges but later changed her mind and entered a guilty plea in April this year. She agreed to do 100 hours of community service to avoid jail time. She went to court on Tuesday to present proof that she had completed the court-mandated labor.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards