Dina Lohan's Driving License Suspended for a Year by Judge for Drunk Driving
Dina Lohan is not allowed to drive a car for twelve months. During a court date on Tuesday, May 3, Judge Andrew Engel suspended her driver's license for a year as a punishment after being busted for drunk driving on Long Island, New York last September.
The mother of troubled star Lindsay Lohan also must complete a drunk-driving program, attend a victim impact panel, and pay $3,085 in fines. She is additionally ordered to have a device installed in her car that will prevent ignition should she fail a Breathalyzer test.
On top of that, Dina got reprimanded by the judge. "The only person responsible for this onerous ordeal is Ms. Lohan herself," the judge said. "Fortunately, you didn't kill anybody or kill yourself. If there's a next time, you might not be so lucky." She quickly replied, "There won't be a next time." When the judge responded, "Hopefully we won't see you back," she promised, "I won't be back."
Dina was charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated DWI, and speeding last year. She initially pled not guilty to the drunk driving charges but later changed her mind and entered a guilty plea in April this year. She agreed to do 100 hours of community service to avoid jail time. She went to court on Tuesday to present proof that she had completed the court-mandated labor.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival