Mike Epps Reportedly Attacks Fellow Comedian Lavar Walker
Mike Epps is reportedly being investigated for attacking comedian Lavar Walker. The incident allegedly happened because Lavar posted a video mocking Mike and Kevin Hart on Instagram. The alleged beating happened on Saturday night, May 31 outside Uptown Comedy Corner, Atlanta.
Chris Stewart, Lavar's lawyer, said that Mike did not like the parody and looked for Lavar with his friends at the club. According to Lavar's report to police, someone told him that Mike was waiting outside to talk to him. When he got outside, Mike punched him right on his face and then two other men also attacked him.
Witnesses said Lavar never fought back. "He was basically pleading for them to stop," said Bo Micadelic, a local comedian, who saw the incident. "And Mike Epps walked back out the deck, looked at Lavar and said, 'Are you going to call the police now?' And then he said, 'Don't make any more videos of me,' " he added.
TMZ reported that Lavar was sent to hospital for treatment following the alleged beating. In photos obtained by the site, Lavar is seen wearing a neck brace with cuts and bruises on his face.
No arrest warants are issued yet. Mike's representative has not given any comments yet, while Lavar's lawyer said that they would pursue criminal charges and file a civil suit against Mike.
The parody video that allegedly offended Mike featured Lavar poking fun at a social media war between Mike and Kevin, Lavar's friend who has promoted Lavar's act before. In the video, Lavar impersonated Mike with white powder on his nose.
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'