Donald Sterling Sued by Alleged Ex-Girlfriend
A woman claiming to be Donald Sterling's ex-girlfriend has sued him for racial discrimination and sexual harassment. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the woman Maiko Maya King said that she dated Sterling between 2005 and 2011. During the time she was in a romantic relationship with the billionaire and when she worked for him later after they split, King claimed she received "steady stream of racially and sexually offensive comments."
According to the suit, King began working for Sterling's foundation two years after they split. King alleged that Sterling made racist comments about her African-American husband, such as, "How could you be married to a black man?" and "Why would you bring black people into the world?"
Other comments which allegedly were made by Sterling included, "Black people do not take care of their children. All they do is sit at home and smoke dope," and "Mexicans just do drive-by shootings." King claimed she was fired on May 7, 2014 after voicing her objection towards his statements. King now is seeking compensatory damages for pain and mental suffering, as well as extreme mental anguish she suffered.
Sterling recently made headlines after a recording of him berating his girlfriend for showing her association with African-American people emerged online. On Friday, May 30, the Los Angeles Clippers co-owner filed a lawsuit against the NBA after the organization decided to ban him for life and force him to sell the team in connection to the racist scandal.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival