New Foo Fighters Album Slated for November
New details about Foo Fighters' new album have emerged. According to a press release, the band's eight studio effort will be dropped in November through Roswell/RCA. No title has been announced for the follow-up to 2011's "Wasting Light", which was nominated for Album of the Year Award at the Grammys.
"I've pulled up the family tree of American music and exposed its roots to find inspiration for the next Foo Fighters album," said frontman Dave Grohl in a statement issued on Monday, June 2. The anticipated LP will have eight songs that were recorded in eight different cities across the U.S. with "local legends" being featured in each track.
Grohl recently talked about Foo Fighters' new project and revealed what to expect from it in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. "You'll recognize Foo Fighters in this record but you'll also be surprised by us. We're doing things that we've never done before. Honestly, there are sections of songs that will really take you by surprise," he said.
A snippet of Foo Fighters' new song can be heard in a trailer for "Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways", an upcoming HBO documentary series that will follow the band as they hit studios to work on the record. Directed by Grohl, the documentary will premiere this fall.
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'