New Foo Fighters Album Slated for November
New details about Foo Fighters' new album have emerged. According to a press release, the band's eight studio effort will be dropped in November through Roswell/RCA. No title has been announced for the follow-up to 2011's "Wasting Light", which was nominated for Album of the Year Award at the Grammys.
"I've pulled up the family tree of American music and exposed its roots to find inspiration for the next Foo Fighters album," said frontman Dave Grohl in a statement issued on Monday, June 2. The anticipated LP will have eight songs that were recorded in eight different cities across the U.S. with "local legends" being featured in each track.
Grohl recently talked about Foo Fighters' new project and revealed what to expect from it in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. "You'll recognize Foo Fighters in this record but you'll also be surprised by us. We're doing things that we've never done before. Honestly, there are sections of songs that will really take you by surprise," he said.
A snippet of Foo Fighters' new song can be heard in a trailer for "Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways", an upcoming HBO documentary series that will follow the band as they hit studios to work on the record. Directed by Grohl, the documentary will premiere this fall.
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama