Judge Says Casey Kasem Can Go Home With Wife If Doctor Allows It
Former radio personality Casey Kasem, who was transported to a hospital following a fight between his wife Jean and her step daughter Kerri Kasem over the weekend, can go home with his wife to their home in Washington state if doctor approves. Kitsap County Superior Court Judge Jennifer Forbes announced the decision on Monday, June 2.
Kerri and Jean have been involved in a public feud over the ailing radio personality's care. Kasem, who voiced Shaggy of "Scooby Doo", has been suffering from Lewy body disease which is a form of dementia. On Friday morning, a judge allowed Kerri to visit her father for one hour a day at a home in Washington state where he lives with Jean and some close friends.
"I'm not going to say anything much except that I'm happy with how the court proceedings went today," Kerri said after she was granted visitation, as quoted by CNN. Jean, who was disappointed with the decision, told media, "Shame on these children."
On Sunday, the two's argument got worse. According to NBC News, Jean threw hamburger meat at Kerri when she showed up with an ambulance to take her father to hospital. "In the name of King David, I threw a piece of raw meat into the street in exchange for my husband to the wild rabid dogs," Jean was quoted as saying.
A Kitsap County sheriff's spokesman said that officers responding to a report from the house found Kerri and Jean arguing. A doctor was present when Casey was transported to hospital on Sunday.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked