Two 'Survivor' Contestants Exited Show Before Filming Began
The "Survivor" drama began even before the show started the production of its 29th season, which is titled "San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water". Host Jeff Probst recently revealed that two contestants were forced to leave the competition just 48 hours before the filming in Nicaragua was slated to begin due to medical reasons.
"We just lost two contestants [Friday]," Probst told Entertainment Weekly's Dalton Ross and Jessica Shaw. "We came out here with 20. We spend months casting our show - months. I mean, this is like... who you're gonna ask to prom. All year you're like, 'Is it her or her?' and 'Will she say yes?' "
"And you finally get your 20 people, and then through no fault of their own - just a medical situation - they can't play," he added. "So instead of 20, it puts us at 18. Instead of equal men and women, it puts us uneven men and women."
Similar incident happened last year, during the filming of "Survivor: Blood vs. Water" in the Phillipines. At that time, R.C. Saint-Amour and her father were pulled from the game the day before filming began because of his health condition. Luckily, Candice and John Cody could be called in as last-second replacements.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says