'Breaking Bad' Tops 'Walking Dead' as Most Tweeted TV Series in Past Season
"Breaking Bad" popularity expanded to Twitter. According to Nielsen analysis, the crime drama series that ended its run last summer was the top primetime TV series on the social media network last TV season.
The Bryan Cranston starrer generated an average of 521,000 tweets for each episode, with an average Twitter audience of 6.0 million. It additionally sets a record for Twitter reach of a single airing with 9.1 million people seeing tweets during the series finale.
"Breaking Bad" tops another AMC hit series "The Walking Dead", which posted an average of 5.2 million Twitter audience. ABC's Family "Pretty Little Liars" follows with 4.8 million Twitter audience per episode, and ABC's "The Bachelor" comes next with an average of 3.6 million Twitter audience.
HBO's "Game of Thrones" rounds out the top 5, averaging 3.5 million Twitter audience. Other shows in the top 10 are MTV's "Teen Wolf" (3.3 million), FX's "American Horror Story: Coven" (2.8 million), ABC's "Scandal" (2.4 million), NBC's "The Voice" (2.3 million) and ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" (2.1 million).
Super Bowl XLVIII tops other sports events with 15.3 million Twitter users seeing a total of 25.3 million tweets. Meanwhile, in the awards universe, the 56th annual Grammy Awards generated the most tweets (13.8 million), but the Ellen Degeneres-hosted Academy Awards had the most Twitter audience with 13.9 million.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory