'Breaking Bad' Tops 'Walking Dead' as Most Tweeted TV Series in Past Season
"Breaking Bad" popularity expanded to Twitter. According to Nielsen analysis, the crime drama series that ended its run last summer was the top primetime TV series on the social media network last TV season.
The Bryan Cranston starrer generated an average of 521,000 tweets for each episode, with an average Twitter audience of 6.0 million. It additionally sets a record for Twitter reach of a single airing with 9.1 million people seeing tweets during the series finale.
"Breaking Bad" tops another AMC hit series "The Walking Dead", which posted an average of 5.2 million Twitter audience. ABC's Family "Pretty Little Liars" follows with 4.8 million Twitter audience per episode, and ABC's "The Bachelor" comes next with an average of 3.6 million Twitter audience.
HBO's "Game of Thrones" rounds out the top 5, averaging 3.5 million Twitter audience. Other shows in the top 10 are MTV's "Teen Wolf" (3.3 million), FX's "American Horror Story: Coven" (2.8 million), ABC's "Scandal" (2.4 million), NBC's "The Voice" (2.3 million) and ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" (2.1 million).
Super Bowl XLVIII tops other sports events with 15.3 million Twitter users seeing a total of 25.3 million tweets. Meanwhile, in the awards universe, the 56th annual Grammy Awards generated the most tweets (13.8 million), but the Ellen Degeneres-hosted Academy Awards had the most Twitter audience with 13.9 million.
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party