Shailene Woodley on Jennifer Lawrence Comparison: 'I See Us as Separate Individuals'
Shailene Woodley and Brie Larson are on the cover of New York magazine's latest edition. The two stars, who appeared in "The Spectacular Now", are featured in a black-and-white photo for the front page. In an interview for the spread, Woodley talks about being compared to Jennifer Lawrence among other topics.
In the magazine interview, Woodley explains why she wants people to stop comparing her with Lawrence. "As women, we are constantly told that we need to compare ourselves to a girl in school, to our co-workers, to the images in a magazine," she says. "How is the world going to advance if we're always comparing ourselves to others? I admire Jennifer Lawrence, but she's everyone's favorite person to compare me to."
"Is it because we both have short hair and a vagina? I see us as separate individuals. And that's important. As women, our insecurities are based on all these comparisons. And that creates distress," she continues.
Although Woodley does not feel comfortable with being compared to others, the "Divergent" star admits that she and Lawrence share some things in common. "I do think we have things in common. We both believe in having fun and still telling the truth. We're not fashion girls, but we play the game. And we both care deeply about being actors," the 22-year-old actress says of the "X Men: Days of Future Past" star.
More Shailene Woodley News
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It