Shailene Woodley on Jennifer Lawrence Comparison: 'I See Us as Separate Individuals'
Shailene Woodley and Brie Larson are on the cover of New York magazine's latest edition. The two stars, who appeared in "The Spectacular Now", are featured in a black-and-white photo for the front page. In an interview for the spread, Woodley talks about being compared to Jennifer Lawrence among other topics.
In the magazine interview, Woodley explains why she wants people to stop comparing her with Lawrence. "As women, we are constantly told that we need to compare ourselves to a girl in school, to our co-workers, to the images in a magazine," she says. "How is the world going to advance if we're always comparing ourselves to others? I admire Jennifer Lawrence, but she's everyone's favorite person to compare me to."
"Is it because we both have short hair and a vagina? I see us as separate individuals. And that's important. As women, our insecurities are based on all these comparisons. And that creates distress," she continues.
Although Woodley does not feel comfortable with being compared to others, the "Divergent" star admits that she and Lawrence share some things in common. "I do think we have things in common. We both believe in having fun and still telling the truth. We're not fashion girls, but we play the game. And we both care deeply about being actors," the 22-year-old actress says of the "X Men: Days of Future Past" star.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance