'Cleopatra' Could Be Angelina Jolie's Last Movie
Angelina Jolie has planned her retirement and "Cleopatra" is at the end of the line. In a new interview, the "Maleficent" star confirmed the long-rumored project about the Egyptian beauty that she has been attached to for years.
"For Cleopatra, we've been working on it," Jolie told BBC radio. "There's been lots of different ideas of directors and a lot of different discussions. The script has been written by Eric Roth, who is a dear friend and a brilliant writer."
Talking about the role, the 38-year-old said, "She's complicated, it's complicated to get this one right. She's complicated. But I think we're getting there. It's very close. So if we can pull it off...I imagine that the preparation for it is going to be big."
Hinting at retirement, Jolie said, "It's one of those [roles] you feel like maybe that's the one you put everything into and that's where you end it. That's where you finish, in a great way. You kind of go, 'What could you do beyond that one?' Put it all into that one."
Jolie previously revealed her intention to put her acting career to rest to focus on her humanitarian work and directing. She currently serves as the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees campaigning against sexual violence in conflict.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl