Lupita Nyong'o Officially on Board 'Star Wars Episode VII'
The rumors are true, Lupita Nyong'o is part of "Star Wars Episode VII" cast. The "12 Years a Slave" star read for a major female role back in March and apparently nailed it because the official announcement was made on Star Wars Facebook page and website.
Nyong'o's casting was announced at the same time with Gwendoline Christie's. "I could not be more excited about Lupita and Gwendoline joining the cast of Episode VII," said Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. "It's thrilling to see this extraordinarily talented ensemble taking shape."
The role of each actor that has been announced as part of the highly-anticipated film is yet revealed. However, words are Nyong'o was circling the role of a Sith who "doesn't seem to be tied into the family lines from Episodes 4-6."
"Star Wars Episode VII" won't be in theaters until December 18, 2015 but the film has been making a huge buzz. Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill are among the returning stars.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal