Lupita Nyong'o Officially on Board 'Star Wars Episode VII'
The rumors are true, Lupita Nyong'o is part of "Star Wars Episode VII" cast. The "12 Years a Slave" star read for a major female role back in March and apparently nailed it because the official announcement was made on Star Wars Facebook page and website.
Nyong'o's casting was announced at the same time with Gwendoline Christie's. "I could not be more excited about Lupita and Gwendoline joining the cast of Episode VII," said Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. "It's thrilling to see this extraordinarily talented ensemble taking shape."
The role of each actor that has been announced as part of the highly-anticipated film is yet revealed. However, words are Nyong'o was circling the role of a Sith who "doesn't seem to be tied into the family lines from Episodes 4-6."
"Star Wars Episode VII" won't be in theaters until December 18, 2015 but the film has been making a huge buzz. Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill are among the returning stars.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked