Lupita Nyong'o Officially on Board 'Star Wars Episode VII'
The rumors are true, Lupita Nyong'o is part of "Star Wars Episode VII" cast. The "12 Years a Slave" star read for a major female role back in March and apparently nailed it because the official announcement was made on Star Wars Facebook page and website.
Nyong'o's casting was announced at the same time with Gwendoline Christie's. "I could not be more excited about Lupita and Gwendoline joining the cast of Episode VII," said Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. "It's thrilling to see this extraordinarily talented ensemble taking shape."
The role of each actor that has been announced as part of the highly-anticipated film is yet revealed. However, words are Nyong'o was circling the role of a Sith who "doesn't seem to be tied into the family lines from Episodes 4-6."
"Star Wars Episode VII" won't be in theaters until December 18, 2015 but the film has been making a huge buzz. Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill are among the returning stars.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!