Lupita Nyong'o Officially on Board 'Star Wars Episode VII'
The rumors are true, Lupita Nyong'o is part of "Star Wars Episode VII" cast. The "12 Years a Slave" star read for a major female role back in March and apparently nailed it because the official announcement was made on Star Wars Facebook page and website.
Nyong'o's casting was announced at the same time with Gwendoline Christie's. "I could not be more excited about Lupita and Gwendoline joining the cast of Episode VII," said Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. "It's thrilling to see this extraordinarily talented ensemble taking shape."
The role of each actor that has been announced as part of the highly-anticipated film is yet revealed. However, words are Nyong'o was circling the role of a Sith who "doesn't seem to be tied into the family lines from Episodes 4-6."
"Star Wars Episode VII" won't be in theaters until December 18, 2015 but the film has been making a huge buzz. Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill are among the returning stars.
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest