Lupita Nyong'o Officially on Board 'Star Wars Episode VII'
The rumors are true, Lupita Nyong'o is part of "Star Wars Episode VII" cast. The "12 Years a Slave" star read for a major female role back in March and apparently nailed it because the official announcement was made on Star Wars Facebook page and website.
Nyong'o's casting was announced at the same time with Gwendoline Christie's. "I could not be more excited about Lupita and Gwendoline joining the cast of Episode VII," said Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. "It's thrilling to see this extraordinarily talented ensemble taking shape."
The role of each actor that has been announced as part of the highly-anticipated film is yet revealed. However, words are Nyong'o was circling the role of a Sith who "doesn't seem to be tied into the family lines from Episodes 4-6."
"Star Wars Episode VII" won't be in theaters until December 18, 2015 but the film has been making a huge buzz. Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill are among the returning stars.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed