'The Bachelorette' Recap: Singing Lessons With Boyz II Men and a Withdrawal
"The Bachelorette" returned earlier this week with the first part of a special two-night event on Sunday, June 1. The episode began with a one-on-one date with Nick V., who got the first impression rose in the season 10 premiere.
Andi Dorfman and Nick V. drove off to Santa Barbara, where they went bicycling and hiking. They later had a romantic night in the Santa Barbara courthouse where they talked about his short engagement and why he's still single. Andi felt that she had a connection to Nick and gave him a rose.
Next was a group date with Brian, Marquel, Cody, Tasos, Brett, Ron, Bradley, Josh, Eric, Andrew, Patrick and Marcus. The guys got singing lessons from Boyz II Men before performing the group's hit song "I'll Make Love to You" at an outdoor Boyz II Men concert.
Bradley was so confident with his singing skill, giving the song an operatic feel. Josh and Marcus forgot the lyrics but they seemed to have a lot of fun. "The guys are butchering the song," Andi said. She gave a rose to Josh, who told her that he wanted to kiss her every day.
Meanwhile, Andi pulled a prank on Cody by asking him about "rumors" that he had a girlfriend. After realizing that she only teased him, he felt confident because he thought that it meant Andi was thinking of him.
JJ got the second one-on-one date card. They got a makeover to look like an old couple as Andi wanted to know what it would be like to grow old with her date. The two pretended they were celebrating their 50th anniversary.
They later ditched their makeups for a dinner date. He revealed that he's a "quirky" guy. "As a kid, I was a huge dork," he admitted. Andi found him "so unique" and gave him a rose.
Back in the mansion, Ron received a call informing him that a close friend of his passed away. He then decided to leave the show.
At the cocktail party before the rose ceremony, the guys confronted Andrew as JJ said Andrew got the phone number of a hostess at a restaurant when they were out. Andrew refused to address this and kept walking away. "I'm not going to engage in this," he said, adding that he didn't like "being attacked." In his defense, he said, "I was handed a phone number and that's it." JJ said he lied, but Andrew denied "bragging" about it.
Andi, not knowing about the drama among the guys, handed out the roses to Marcus, Brian, Marquel, Tasos, Cody, Chris, Eric, Dylan, Patrick and Andrew. Those being sent packing that night were Brett and Bradley.
More The Bachelorette News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture