Chris Brown Released From Jail
Chris Brown has been released from jail. TMZ broke the news and reported that the troubled singer was freed on early Monday morning, June 2 after serving 108 days of his 131-day sentence.
The "Loyal" hitmaker had been incarcerated since March 14. He was thrown back into jail after a judge ruled that he violated his probation, which stemmed from his 2009 assault conviction for attacking his then-girlfriend Rihanna.
He was sentenced to a year in prison, but he got credit for 116 days in rehab and another 59 days he spent in custody. His legal battles don't end here as he is still facing an assault trial in Washington, D.C. over allegations he attacked a man during an altercation back in October. The trial is set to begin in the next few months.
Following his release, Brown took to Twitter to post a message that read, "Humbled and Blessed."
More Chris Brown News
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton