Chris Brown Released From Jail
Chris Brown has been released from jail. TMZ broke the news and reported that the troubled singer was freed on early Monday morning, June 2 after serving 108 days of his 131-day sentence.
The "Loyal" hitmaker had been incarcerated since March 14. He was thrown back into jail after a judge ruled that he violated his probation, which stemmed from his 2009 assault conviction for attacking his then-girlfriend Rihanna.
He was sentenced to a year in prison, but he got credit for 116 days in rehab and another 59 days he spent in custody. His legal battles don't end here as he is still facing an assault trial in Washington, D.C. over allegations he attacked a man during an altercation back in October. The trial is set to begin in the next few months.
Following his release, Brown took to Twitter to post a message that read, "Humbled and Blessed."
More Chris Brown News
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle