Linkin Park Releases 'Wastelands' Lyric Video
Linkin Park dropped a new song and its accompanying lyric video on Sunday, June 1. The song titled "Wastelands" comes as the latest offering from the band's new album, following up previously released tracks "Until It's Gone" and Rakim-featured "Guilty All the Same".
"The Hunting Party" will mark Linkin Park's sixth studio effort. It's set for release on June 17. "It needed to be visceral," rapper Mike Shinoda told Rolling Stone of his band's forthcoming project in an interview in April.
"We need to weed out a lot of the soft, emo kind of approach to our music, and we need to weed out anything that feels aggressive for aggressive's sake. We're not 18-year-old kids making a loud record - we're 37-year-old adults making a loud record. And what makes a 37-year-old angry is different than what made us angry back in the day," he added.
In addition to Rakim, the album will boast guest appearances from Page Hamilton of Helmet, Tom Morello and Daron Malakian from System of a Down. Those are musicians whom Shinoda said were influential in developing Linkin Park's sound.
Later this year, the band will join 30 Seconds to Mars for their co-headlining tour, "Carnivores Tour". The 25-date trek will open on August 8 in Florida and wrap up on September 19.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group