Linkin Park Releases 'Wastelands' Lyric Video
Linkin Park dropped a new song and its accompanying lyric video on Sunday, June 1. The song titled "Wastelands" comes as the latest offering from the band's new album, following up previously released tracks "Until It's Gone" and Rakim-featured "Guilty All the Same".
"The Hunting Party" will mark Linkin Park's sixth studio effort. It's set for release on June 17. "It needed to be visceral," rapper Mike Shinoda told Rolling Stone of his band's forthcoming project in an interview in April.
"We need to weed out a lot of the soft, emo kind of approach to our music, and we need to weed out anything that feels aggressive for aggressive's sake. We're not 18-year-old kids making a loud record - we're 37-year-old adults making a loud record. And what makes a 37-year-old angry is different than what made us angry back in the day," he added.
In addition to Rakim, the album will boast guest appearances from Page Hamilton of Helmet, Tom Morello and Daron Malakian from System of a Down. Those are musicians whom Shinoda said were influential in developing Linkin Park's sound.
Later this year, the band will join 30 Seconds to Mars for their co-headlining tour, "Carnivores Tour". The 25-date trek will open on August 8 in Florida and wrap up on September 19.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers