Linkin Park Releases 'Wastelands' Lyric Video
Linkin Park dropped a new song and its accompanying lyric video on Sunday, June 1. The song titled "Wastelands" comes as the latest offering from the band's new album, following up previously released tracks "Until It's Gone" and Rakim-featured "Guilty All the Same".
"The Hunting Party" will mark Linkin Park's sixth studio effort. It's set for release on June 17. "It needed to be visceral," rapper Mike Shinoda told Rolling Stone of his band's forthcoming project in an interview in April.
"We need to weed out a lot of the soft, emo kind of approach to our music, and we need to weed out anything that feels aggressive for aggressive's sake. We're not 18-year-old kids making a loud record - we're 37-year-old adults making a loud record. And what makes a 37-year-old angry is different than what made us angry back in the day," he added.
In addition to Rakim, the album will boast guest appearances from Page Hamilton of Helmet, Tom Morello and Daron Malakian from System of a Down. Those are musicians whom Shinoda said were influential in developing Linkin Park's sound.
Later this year, the band will join 30 Seconds to Mars for their co-headlining tour, "Carnivores Tour". The 25-date trek will open on August 8 in Florida and wrap up on September 19.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'