Linkin Park Releases 'Wastelands' Lyric Video
Linkin Park dropped a new song and its accompanying lyric video on Sunday, June 1. The song titled "Wastelands" comes as the latest offering from the band's new album, following up previously released tracks "Until It's Gone" and Rakim-featured "Guilty All the Same".
"The Hunting Party" will mark Linkin Park's sixth studio effort. It's set for release on June 17. "It needed to be visceral," rapper Mike Shinoda told Rolling Stone of his band's forthcoming project in an interview in April.
"We need to weed out a lot of the soft, emo kind of approach to our music, and we need to weed out anything that feels aggressive for aggressive's sake. We're not 18-year-old kids making a loud record - we're 37-year-old adults making a loud record. And what makes a 37-year-old angry is different than what made us angry back in the day," he added.
In addition to Rakim, the album will boast guest appearances from Page Hamilton of Helmet, Tom Morello and Daron Malakian from System of a Down. Those are musicians whom Shinoda said were influential in developing Linkin Park's sound.
Later this year, the band will join 30 Seconds to Mars for their co-headlining tour, "Carnivores Tour". The 25-date trek will open on August 8 in Florida and wrap up on September 19.
Linkin Park's "Wastelands" lyric video
More Linkin Park News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby