Liam Payne Apologizes for Bandmates' Joint Video
Liam Payne has tweeted an apology after a weed smoking video involving his bandmates Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik emerged online a few days ago. The One Direction member took to Twitter over the weekend, saying that people did "stupid things" around their age.
"I love my boys and maybe things have gone a little sideways I apologize for that. We are only in our 20's we all do stupid things at this age," Payne said in a post. "We all have a lot of growing up to do in an extreme circumstance I'm not making excuse but it's fact we are gunna fall short somewhere."
"Hopefully we stand the test of time an get it right in the end I don't take this for granted and [I'm] extremely grateful to be here doing this," he continued, thanking the band's fans in the next post. "Thank you to everyone who has stuck with us through this just know that we love you guys for it and it means the world," he wrote.
The video which shows Tomlinson and Malik allegedly smoking a joint apparently was taken when the boys were in Peru in April. Shortly after the scandal broke out, some fans who were disappointed with their favorite stars' actions tore their concert tickets and uploaded the photos on social media.
More Liam Payne News
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna