Ed Sheeran Releases New Track 'Friends'
British singer Ed Sheeran released his Pharrell Williams-produced hit "Sing" in his home country over the weekend. Fans who purchase the single on iTunes U.K. will now get an additional track called "Friends".
The bonus song is a beautiful guitar-driven ballad in which the 23-year-old redhead talks about his not-so-platonic friendship. "Friends just sleep in another bed/ And friends don't treat me like you do/ Well I know that there's a limit to everything/ But my friends won't love me like you," he sings.
Fans speculate that the song is about Sheeran's good pal Taylor Swift. Last year, he was rumored dating the 24-year-old pop/country superstar as they spent months on the road together for her "Red" tour. However, the two always quashed the rumors, saying that they're just friends.
"Friends" didn't make the cut to Sheeran's upcoming album, "X". The singer's second studio effort is due out on June 23.
More Ed Sheeran News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage