Ed Sheeran Releases New Track 'Friends'
British singer Ed Sheeran released his Pharrell Williams-produced hit "Sing" in his home country over the weekend. Fans who purchase the single on iTunes U.K. will now get an additional track called "Friends".
The bonus song is a beautiful guitar-driven ballad in which the 23-year-old redhead talks about his not-so-platonic friendship. "Friends just sleep in another bed/ And friends don't treat me like you do/ Well I know that there's a limit to everything/ But my friends won't love me like you," he sings.
Fans speculate that the song is about Sheeran's good pal Taylor Swift. Last year, he was rumored dating the 24-year-old pop/country superstar as they spent months on the road together for her "Red" tour. However, the two always quashed the rumors, saying that they're just friends.
"Friends" didn't make the cut to Sheeran's upcoming album, "X". The singer's second studio effort is due out on June 23.
More Ed Sheeran News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group