Ed Sheeran Releases New Track 'Friends'
British singer Ed Sheeran released his Pharrell Williams-produced hit "Sing" in his home country over the weekend. Fans who purchase the single on iTunes U.K. will now get an additional track called "Friends".
The bonus song is a beautiful guitar-driven ballad in which the 23-year-old redhead talks about his not-so-platonic friendship. "Friends just sleep in another bed/ And friends don't treat me like you do/ Well I know that there's a limit to everything/ But my friends won't love me like you," he sings.
Fans speculate that the song is about Sheeran's good pal Taylor Swift. Last year, he was rumored dating the 24-year-old pop/country superstar as they spent months on the road together for her "Red" tour. However, the two always quashed the rumors, saying that they're just friends.
"Friends" didn't make the cut to Sheeran's upcoming album, "X". The singer's second studio effort is due out on June 23.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns