Ed Sheeran Releases New Track 'Friends'
British singer Ed Sheeran released his Pharrell Williams-produced hit "Sing" in his home country over the weekend. Fans who purchase the single on iTunes U.K. will now get an additional track called "Friends".
The bonus song is a beautiful guitar-driven ballad in which the 23-year-old redhead talks about his not-so-platonic friendship. "Friends just sleep in another bed/ And friends don't treat me like you do/ Well I know that there's a limit to everything/ But my friends won't love me like you," he sings.
Fans speculate that the song is about Sheeran's good pal Taylor Swift. Last year, he was rumored dating the 24-year-old pop/country superstar as they spent months on the road together for her "Red" tour. However, the two always quashed the rumors, saying that they're just friends.
"Friends" didn't make the cut to Sheeran's upcoming album, "X". The singer's second studio effort is due out on June 23.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs