Ed Sheeran Releases New Track 'Friends'
British singer Ed Sheeran released his Pharrell Williams-produced hit "Sing" in his home country over the weekend. Fans who purchase the single on iTunes U.K. will now get an additional track called "Friends".
The bonus song is a beautiful guitar-driven ballad in which the 23-year-old redhead talks about his not-so-platonic friendship. "Friends just sleep in another bed/ And friends don't treat me like you do/ Well I know that there's a limit to everything/ But my friends won't love me like you," he sings.
Fans speculate that the song is about Sheeran's good pal Taylor Swift. Last year, he was rumored dating the 24-year-old pop/country superstar as they spent months on the road together for her "Red" tour. However, the two always quashed the rumors, saying that they're just friends.
"Friends" didn't make the cut to Sheeran's upcoming album, "X". The singer's second studio effort is due out on June 23.
More Ed Sheeran News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed