Bryan Singer Files Motion for Summary Judgment in Sex Abuse Case
Bryan Singer, who is sued by a man named Michael Egan for allegedly abusing him as a minor, has filed a summary judgment in the sex abuse lawsuit. The "X Men: Days of Future Past" director's legal team entered the motion on Thursday, May 29.
As reported by The Wrap, Singer's motion mentioned that Egan's camp failed to provide "specific facts showing that there is a genuine issue for trial" which were "undisputed." Singer also asked the judge to award him all fees and costs in connection to Egan's filing. On Friday, it was decided that a hearing for the motion would take place on August 4 at 9 A.M.
In April, Egan filed a lawsuit against Singer, claiming that the filmmaker sexually abused him in Hawaii and in an Encino home when he was a minor. According to Egan, the alleged actions took place in August and October of 1999. In a sworn statement for another case in 2003, however, Egan said he had never been outside of the U.S. mainland. Singer has filed a motion to dismiss the case, citing Egan's statement. The director also claimed that he was in Canada for "X-Men" filming during the said months.
In addition to Singer, Egan filed lawsuits against three more Hollywood figures, Garth Ancier, David Neuman and Gary Goddard, alleging similar actions. All of them have filed motions to get the lawsuits dismissed.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!