'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Becomes Highest Grossing Movie in the Franchise
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" has officially become the highest-grossing movie in the "X-Men" franchise. The Bryan Singer-directed film has surpassed the $459.4 million grossed by 2006's "X-Men: The Last Stand".
In the second weekend, "Days of Future Past" managed to add $128.2 million; $32.6 million of which came from domestic markets. Statistically, it earned a total of $500.2 million through Sunday, June 1 with $162.1 million of those coming from domestic markets.
Not tallying in inflation, "Days of Future Past" officially becomes the top-grossing title in the 20th Century Fox and Marvel superhero franchise. Made on a $200 million-plus budget, it is the first "X-Men" movie to gross more than $500 million at the worldwide box office.
"This is a franchise that started back in 2000, which predated the first 'Spider-Man' movie by two years so 'X-Men' started the renaissance in the world of big superhero movies," Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst for box-office tracker Rentrak, said when the movie took the first place at domestic weekend box office last week.
"The Wolverine" took in $416.5 million worldwide in 2013 while "X-Men: First Class" earned $353.6 million globally in 2011.
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Clip Quicksilver:
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings
- The Weeknd Teams Up With Drake to Perform 'Crew Love' at Toronto Show for the First Time in 3 Years
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are House-Hunting in Norfolk
- Emmy Rossum and 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail Tie the Knot in Intimate Ceremony. See the Pics!
- Caitlyn Jenner Says She's Never 'Entirely Comfortable' Having Sex With Kris
- 'Logan Lucky' First Trailer: Channing Tatum, Daniel Craig and Adam Driver Plan a Heist
- Sofia Richie Shuts Down Scott Disick Dating Rumors: We Are Just 'Homies'
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface