Animated Movie 'Song of the Sea' Releases First Teaser Trailer
"Song of the Sea", an animation from the director of Oscar-nominated "The Secret of Kells", has released its first teaser trailer. The Cartoon Saloon movie tells the story of Ben and his sister Saoirse - the last Seal-child - who embark on a fantastic journey across a fading world of ancient legend and magic in an attempt to return to their home by the sea.
"Almost five years after we posted the initial concept trailer online, I'm excited to share this small taste of the final film with audiences in anticipation of our release later this year," said director Tomm Moore. "This film has been a labor of love for so many of our crew for the past few years, I think their passion and commitment can be seen even in this short clip."
Brendan Gleeson, Fionnula Flanagan, David Rawle, Lisa Hannigan and Pat Shortt were among the voice actors. The music is composed by Bruno Coulais and Irish band Kila, both of whom previously collaborated on "The Secret of Kells". Moore directed the film using the script from newcomer Will Collins.
The film takes inspiration from the mythological Selkies of Irish folklore, who live as seals in the sea but become humans on land. It is yet to have a release date.
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik