Animated Movie 'Song of the Sea' Releases First Teaser Trailer
"Song of the Sea", an animation from the director of Oscar-nominated "The Secret of Kells", has released its first teaser trailer. The Cartoon Saloon movie tells the story of Ben and his sister Saoirse - the last Seal-child - who embark on a fantastic journey across a fading world of ancient legend and magic in an attempt to return to their home by the sea.
"Almost five years after we posted the initial concept trailer online, I'm excited to share this small taste of the final film with audiences in anticipation of our release later this year," said director Tomm Moore. "This film has been a labor of love for so many of our crew for the past few years, I think their passion and commitment can be seen even in this short clip."
Brendan Gleeson, Fionnula Flanagan, David Rawle, Lisa Hannigan and Pat Shortt were among the voice actors. The music is composed by Bruno Coulais and Irish band Kila, both of whom previously collaborated on "The Secret of Kells". Moore directed the film using the script from newcomer Will Collins.
The film takes inspiration from the mythological Selkies of Irish folklore, who live as seals in the sea but become humans on land. It is yet to have a release date.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video