Animated Movie 'Song of the Sea' Releases First Teaser Trailer
"Song of the Sea", an animation from the director of Oscar-nominated "The Secret of Kells", has released its first teaser trailer. The Cartoon Saloon movie tells the story of Ben and his sister Saoirse - the last Seal-child - who embark on a fantastic journey across a fading world of ancient legend and magic in an attempt to return to their home by the sea.
"Almost five years after we posted the initial concept trailer online, I'm excited to share this small taste of the final film with audiences in anticipation of our release later this year," said director Tomm Moore. "This film has been a labor of love for so many of our crew for the past few years, I think their passion and commitment can be seen even in this short clip."
Brendan Gleeson, Fionnula Flanagan, David Rawle, Lisa Hannigan and Pat Shortt were among the voice actors. The music is composed by Bruno Coulais and Irish band Kila, both of whom previously collaborated on "The Secret of Kells". Moore directed the film using the script from newcomer Will Collins.
The film takes inspiration from the mythological Selkies of Irish folklore, who live as seals in the sea but become humans on land. It is yet to have a release date.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says