Giuliana and Bill Rancic on Surrogate's Miscarriage: 'We Were Devastated'
Giuliana Rancic and her husband Bill Rancic are "devastated" after a surrogate mother carrying their child suffered miscarriage. The couple talked about the sad news with PEOPLE. "This whole season on 'Giuliana & Bill' we've been trying to have another baby," Bill said, referring to their reality show on E!. "Unfortunately our surrogate Delphine who we love very much had a miscarriage. It's something that we didn't see coming. We were devastated."
"She was about nine weeks pregnant. We were pretty close to getting into the safe zone," he continued. "We experienced a miscarriage years ago when we were trying with Giuliana, so we had been keeping the pregnancy news tight to the vest."
The couple had tried in-vitro treatments before their son Duke arrived via the same surrogate mother in 2012. "Delphine is amazing. We hit the surrogate lottery when we met her. Obviously this was no fault of hers," Bill shared.
"It's a double sadness because we didn't want her to feel bad. And Giuliana was rather distraught at first, but she's tough. In times like this we rely on our faith. Once the tears went away we started to look towards the future," he added.
Bill and Giuliana, however, will keep trying to have another baby. "We're fighters. Hopefully we're going to have good news and Delphine will be on board one more time. We've had to battle it out and that's something that we're going to continue to do," he said.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'