Paul Stanley Apologizes for Offending Eric Stonestreet's Mom, Gene Simmons Denies It
Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons responded to a reported airplane debacle that involved Eric Stonestreet's mother. While the former sent an apology to the "Modern Family" star for the mix-up, the latter called the incident a "complete false story" that "never happened."
Stonestreet claimed the two KISS members bullied his mother when they were on the same Delta flight en route to Kansas City. "Mom was in first class as was Gene," he wrote on Facebook. "It's a two seats on one side of the plane and one seat on the other side configuration."
"Mom boarded and Gene was in moms seat. Mom has one kidney and needs an end seat for bathroom reasons so she doesn't bother other people by going frequently if need be. Mom told the Delta flight attendant that someone was in her seat. The Delta fight attendant asks HER if she'd mind just sitting in the window seat next to, turns out, Paul Stanley."
According to Stonestreet, when her mother refused and the flight attendant asked Simmons to move, the rocker rudely said, "Sure, I just bought the plane and that maybe HE should ask HER(my mom) for HER autograph." The actor added, "Paul made a 'my mom looks like Aunt Bee joke' of some kind."
"Now, I think I reacted like most sons would if they heard their 70 year old, kidney cancer surviving mom felt bullied and made to feel stupid by two members of the legendary rock band KISS alone on an airplane," Stonestreet said. "Had I been on the flight with her I would have confronted them face to face, but since I wasn't, I confronted them on twitter."
Stanley then reached out to Stonestreet on the micro-blogging site, "I actually waited so your mom could get off first. The rest-A misunderstanding of joking. I apologize anyway. Good son," to which the actor replied, "Thank u for that. She did tell me you let her go first. I will tape my glow in the dark KISS posters back together now."
Meanwhile, in response to Simmons' denial, Stonestreet blasted, "Instead of taking the high road like Paul did and simply saying sorry for the misunderstanding,(which I would have been fine with even though there really wasn't) Gene has decided to deny anything happened at all and make himself the victim and my mother the story fabricating aggressor in the scenario."
More KISS News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance