Ray J Gets Arrested for Unruly Behavior, Reportedly Spits on Police Officer
Ray J landed in trouble with the law over the weekend. The R&B singer whose real name is William Ray Norwood Jr. was taken into police custody Friday night, May 30 at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills. He allegedly created a disturbance at the swanky hotel and got involved in a violent confrontation with police officers.
Law enforcement was called to the hotel to investigate a report that Ray J had inappropriately touched a woman at the bar. "After speaking to officers, Mr. Norwood agreed to leave the hotel. He subsequently entered the valet area and became belligerent with the valets and refused to leave," read a statement from Beverly Hills Police Department.
"Hotel security requested to make a private persons arrest after repeatedly asking Mr. Norwood to leave. After the uniform police officers took Mr. Norwood into custody and placed him in the rear of a police vehicle, he became belligerent and used his feet to shatter the side window of the police vehicle," detailed the police statement.
Officers found the inappropriate touching Ray J was accused of "incidental," but the brother of singer Brandy Norwood ended up being booked for trespassing, resisting arrest, vandalism, and battery on a police officer after the situation became violent, which reportedly involved Ray J spitting on an officer's face.
Ray J was held on $20,000 bail and was released on Saturday. The 33-year-old artist and his camp haven't commented on the matter.
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say