George Nolfi to Direct Bruce Lee Biopic 'Birth of the Dragon'
Bruce Lee biopic "Birth of the Dragon" gets a director. According to a scoop from Variety, "The Adjustment Bureau" helmer George Nolfi is booked to sit behind the lens for the film written by Christopher Wilkinson and Stephen Rivele. Filming is expected to begin next spring.
The film is inspired by the true story of Bruce Lee's duel with Wong Jack Man, China's most famous kung fu master at a time when San Francisco's Chinatown was controlled by Hong Kong Triads. The story will be told from the perspective of Lee's student Steve Macklin who ultimately teams up with the two martial arts experts to battle a vicious band of gangsters.
In real life, there are conflicting rumors regarding the cause of Lee and Wong feud. According to Lee's camp, Wong fought Lee because the former disapproved of the latter teaching Caucasian students in martial arts. If Lee lost, he would have to quit training white students. This rumor was denied by Wong who insisted he merely responded to Lee's open challenge.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal