George Nolfi to Direct Bruce Lee Biopic 'Birth of the Dragon'
Bruce Lee biopic "Birth of the Dragon" gets a director. According to a scoop from Variety, "The Adjustment Bureau" helmer George Nolfi is booked to sit behind the lens for the film written by Christopher Wilkinson and Stephen Rivele. Filming is expected to begin next spring.
The film is inspired by the true story of Bruce Lee's duel with Wong Jack Man, China's most famous kung fu master at a time when San Francisco's Chinatown was controlled by Hong Kong Triads. The story will be told from the perspective of Lee's student Steve Macklin who ultimately teams up with the two martial arts experts to battle a vicious band of gangsters.
In real life, there are conflicting rumors regarding the cause of Lee and Wong feud. According to Lee's camp, Wong fought Lee because the former disapproved of the latter teaching Caucasian students in martial arts. If Lee lost, he would have to quit training white students. This rumor was denied by Wong who insisted he merely responded to Lee's open challenge.
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel