George Nolfi to Direct Bruce Lee Biopic 'Birth of the Dragon'
Bruce Lee biopic "Birth of the Dragon" gets a director. According to a scoop from Variety, "The Adjustment Bureau" helmer George Nolfi is booked to sit behind the lens for the film written by Christopher Wilkinson and Stephen Rivele. Filming is expected to begin next spring.
The film is inspired by the true story of Bruce Lee's duel with Wong Jack Man, China's most famous kung fu master at a time when San Francisco's Chinatown was controlled by Hong Kong Triads. The story will be told from the perspective of Lee's student Steve Macklin who ultimately teams up with the two martial arts experts to battle a vicious band of gangsters.
In real life, there are conflicting rumors regarding the cause of Lee and Wong feud. According to Lee's camp, Wong fought Lee because the former disapproved of the latter teaching Caucasian students in martial arts. If Lee lost, he would have to quit training white students. This rumor was denied by Wong who insisted he merely responded to Lee's open challenge.
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?