George Nolfi to Direct Bruce Lee Biopic 'Birth of the Dragon'
Bruce Lee biopic "Birth of the Dragon" gets a director. According to a scoop from Variety, "The Adjustment Bureau" helmer George Nolfi is booked to sit behind the lens for the film written by Christopher Wilkinson and Stephen Rivele. Filming is expected to begin next spring.
The film is inspired by the true story of Bruce Lee's duel with Wong Jack Man, China's most famous kung fu master at a time when San Francisco's Chinatown was controlled by Hong Kong Triads. The story will be told from the perspective of Lee's student Steve Macklin who ultimately teams up with the two martial arts experts to battle a vicious band of gangsters.
In real life, there are conflicting rumors regarding the cause of Lee and Wong feud. According to Lee's camp, Wong fought Lee because the former disapproved of the latter teaching Caucasian students in martial arts. If Lee lost, he would have to quit training white students. This rumor was denied by Wong who insisted he merely responded to Lee's open challenge.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked