Video: Phil Collins Comes Out of Retirement to Perform at Son's School Concert
Phil Collins recently came out of his retirement. The former Genesis member made a surprise comeback when he took the stage at his son's school concert in Miami last week and performed live some of his hit singles.
"I was nervous, you know," Collins said before the performance. "I've been doing this all my life, but how good can it be? How good can it be tonight? All of these kids came up to me yesterday and were very pleasant and nice and polite and made me feel like part of the band."
Collins sang "In the Air Tonight" and "Land of Confusion" with the middle school band at Miami Country Day School. His former wife, Orianne Collins Mejjati, told the Miami Herald that the star had agreed to do the performance after being asked by their children.
Collins decided to retire from music to "be a full-time father to [his] two young sons on a daily basis." "I'm not stopping because of dodgy reviews or bad treatment in the press. I'm not stopping because I don't feel loved, I know I still have a very large fanbase that loves what I do," he said back in 2011.
More Phil Collins News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby