Video: Phil Collins Comes Out of Retirement to Perform at Son's School Concert
Phil Collins recently came out of his retirement. The former Genesis member made a surprise comeback when he took the stage at his son's school concert in Miami last week and performed live some of his hit singles.
"I was nervous, you know," Collins said before the performance. "I've been doing this all my life, but how good can it be? How good can it be tonight? All of these kids came up to me yesterday and were very pleasant and nice and polite and made me feel like part of the band."
Collins sang "In the Air Tonight" and "Land of Confusion" with the middle school band at Miami Country Day School. His former wife, Orianne Collins Mejjati, told the Miami Herald that the star had agreed to do the performance after being asked by their children.
Collins decided to retire from music to "be a full-time father to [his] two young sons on a daily basis." "I'm not stopping because of dodgy reviews or bad treatment in the press. I'm not stopping because I don't feel loved, I know I still have a very large fanbase that loves what I do," he said back in 2011.
More Phil Collins News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- Britney Spears Slams Lip-Sync Accusations: 'Nobody Ever Really Gives Me Credit'
- 'Gotham' Star Donal Logue's Child Is Missing
- 'Star Trek' Alum to Direct an Upcoming Episode of 'Star Trek: Discovery'
- Kim Kardashian Mom-Shamed Over Saint West's Front-Facing Car Seat
- Rihanna Caught Making Out With Mystery Man in Spain
- Kendrick Lamar Gets Violent in New Brutal Video for 'Element'
- 'Girl with Dragon Tattoo' Star Michael Nyqvist Dies at 56