Video: Phil Collins Comes Out of Retirement to Perform at Son's School Concert
Phil Collins recently came out of his retirement. The former Genesis member made a surprise comeback when he took the stage at his son's school concert in Miami last week and performed live some of his hit singles.
"I was nervous, you know," Collins said before the performance. "I've been doing this all my life, but how good can it be? How good can it be tonight? All of these kids came up to me yesterday and were very pleasant and nice and polite and made me feel like part of the band."
Collins sang "In the Air Tonight" and "Land of Confusion" with the middle school band at Miami Country Day School. His former wife, Orianne Collins Mejjati, told the Miami Herald that the star had agreed to do the performance after being asked by their children.
Collins decided to retire from music to "be a full-time father to [his] two young sons on a daily basis." "I'm not stopping because of dodgy reviews or bad treatment in the press. I'm not stopping because I don't feel loved, I know I still have a very large fanbase that loves what I do," he said back in 2011.
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party