Video: Phil Collins Comes Out of Retirement to Perform at Son's School Concert
Phil Collins recently came out of his retirement. The former Genesis member made a surprise comeback when he took the stage at his son's school concert in Miami last week and performed live some of his hit singles.
"I was nervous, you know," Collins said before the performance. "I've been doing this all my life, but how good can it be? How good can it be tonight? All of these kids came up to me yesterday and were very pleasant and nice and polite and made me feel like part of the band."
Collins sang "In the Air Tonight" and "Land of Confusion" with the middle school band at Miami Country Day School. His former wife, Orianne Collins Mejjati, told the Miami Herald that the star had agreed to do the performance after being asked by their children.
Collins decided to retire from music to "be a full-time father to [his] two young sons on a daily basis." "I'm not stopping because of dodgy reviews or bad treatment in the press. I'm not stopping because I don't feel loved, I know I still have a very large fanbase that loves what I do," he said back in 2011.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance