Adam McKay, Ruben Fleischer, and Rawson Marshall Thurber Up to Direct 'Ant-Man'
A list of contenders eyed by Marvel to direct "Ant-Man" is revealed. The Hollywood Reporter learns that Adam McKay (two "Anchorman" movies), Ruben Fleischer ("Gangster Squad"), and Rawson Marshall Thurber ("We're the Millers") are considered to replace Edgar Wright who left the project due to creative differences.
According to The Wrap, Thurber is the frontrunner to take on the job. However, Ain't It Cool News reports it's McKay who is in negotiations to fill the vacant spot. Also reportedly included in the mix is Jonathan Levine ("Warm Bodies"), but a source denies his involvement in the upcoming superhero movie.
Wright, who was attached to "Ant-Man" since 2006, departed the long-gestating pic because of alleged major script re-write. He likened his situation with Marvel with Buster Keaton's fallout with MGM back in 1920s by posting a Twitter picture of the late actor/director holding a Cornetto cone, which he later deleted.
"Ant-Man" is planned to make its way out in the United States on July 17, 2015. Michael Douglas is tapped play Dr. Hank Pym, the inventor of original Ant-Man equipment, while Paul Rudd is expected to portray Scott Lang, the newer generation of Ant-Man. Patrick Wilson and Matt Gerald are among the cast as well.
More Ant-Man News
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?