Lea Michele Says She Started Drinking as a Toddler
Lea Michele admitted she got her first alcoholic drink at a very young age. The actress/singer talked about getting her first sip of wine during an appearance on "Chelsea Lately" on Thursday, May 29. Promoting her new book "Brunette Ambition", Michele mentioned that she started drinking as a "young toddler."
"It makes me seem crazy!" she told Chelsea Handler. "I'm Italian, so it was like, at the dinner table it would be Pellegrino, a jug of soda, and a huge thing of wine. So, everyone was just drinking wine, like it was part of, like, you know, what you would have along with your dinner."
"Growing up, I'd be having dinner with my boyfriend and his parents. And I'd be like, 'Where's the wine? Pass the wine.' At, like, 17, and they were, like, 'This girl's crazy,' " she joked.
"I think that the good thing was, when you make so you can have it, then you don't want it. It's when 'You can't have this' that kids are like 'We gotta get that booze,' " Michele said of the habit.
During her appearance in the Thursday episode, the "Glee" star also touched a topic of plastic surgery, saying that a manager suggested she get a nose job when she was 13. "They were like 'How old are you?' [I said] 13, they said 'Great, as soon as you turn 15, it's time for a nose job,' " she recalled. "We were like 'Okay, we are out of here!' Obviously I didn't get it done. Wherever she is, I mean she can go f*** herself."
More Lea Michele News
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective