Lea Michele Says She Started Drinking as a Toddler
Lea Michele admitted she got her first alcoholic drink at a very young age. The actress/singer talked about getting her first sip of wine during an appearance on "Chelsea Lately" on Thursday, May 29. Promoting her new book "Brunette Ambition", Michele mentioned that she started drinking as a "young toddler."
"It makes me seem crazy!" she told Chelsea Handler. "I'm Italian, so it was like, at the dinner table it would be Pellegrino, a jug of soda, and a huge thing of wine. So, everyone was just drinking wine, like it was part of, like, you know, what you would have along with your dinner."
"Growing up, I'd be having dinner with my boyfriend and his parents. And I'd be like, 'Where's the wine? Pass the wine.' At, like, 17, and they were, like, 'This girl's crazy,' " she joked.
"I think that the good thing was, when you make so you can have it, then you don't want it. It's when 'You can't have this' that kids are like 'We gotta get that booze,' " Michele said of the habit.
During her appearance in the Thursday episode, the "Glee" star also touched a topic of plastic surgery, saying that a manager suggested she get a nose job when she was 13. "They were like 'How old are you?' [I said] 13, they said 'Great, as soon as you turn 15, it's time for a nose job,' " she recalled. "We were like 'Okay, we are out of here!' Obviously I didn't get it done. Wherever she is, I mean she can go f*** herself."
More Lea Michele News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media