Lea Michele Says She Started Drinking as a Toddler
Lea Michele admitted she got her first alcoholic drink at a very young age. The actress/singer talked about getting her first sip of wine during an appearance on "Chelsea Lately" on Thursday, May 29. Promoting her new book "Brunette Ambition", Michele mentioned that she started drinking as a "young toddler."
"It makes me seem crazy!" she told Chelsea Handler. "I'm Italian, so it was like, at the dinner table it would be Pellegrino, a jug of soda, and a huge thing of wine. So, everyone was just drinking wine, like it was part of, like, you know, what you would have along with your dinner."
"Growing up, I'd be having dinner with my boyfriend and his parents. And I'd be like, 'Where's the wine? Pass the wine.' At, like, 17, and they were, like, 'This girl's crazy,' " she joked.
"I think that the good thing was, when you make so you can have it, then you don't want it. It's when 'You can't have this' that kids are like 'We gotta get that booze,' " Michele said of the habit.
During her appearance in the Thursday episode, the "Glee" star also touched a topic of plastic surgery, saying that a manager suggested she get a nose job when she was 13. "They were like 'How old are you?' [I said] 13, they said 'Great, as soon as you turn 15, it's time for a nose job,' " she recalled. "We were like 'Okay, we are out of here!' Obviously I didn't get it done. Wherever she is, I mean she can go f*** herself."
More Lea Michele News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'