Lea Michele Says She Started Drinking as a Toddler
Lea Michele admitted she got her first alcoholic drink at a very young age. The actress/singer talked about getting her first sip of wine during an appearance on "Chelsea Lately" on Thursday, May 29. Promoting her new book "Brunette Ambition", Michele mentioned that she started drinking as a "young toddler."
"It makes me seem crazy!" she told Chelsea Handler. "I'm Italian, so it was like, at the dinner table it would be Pellegrino, a jug of soda, and a huge thing of wine. So, everyone was just drinking wine, like it was part of, like, you know, what you would have along with your dinner."
"Growing up, I'd be having dinner with my boyfriend and his parents. And I'd be like, 'Where's the wine? Pass the wine.' At, like, 17, and they were, like, 'This girl's crazy,' " she joked.
"I think that the good thing was, when you make so you can have it, then you don't want it. It's when 'You can't have this' that kids are like 'We gotta get that booze,' " Michele said of the habit.
During her appearance in the Thursday episode, the "Glee" star also touched a topic of plastic surgery, saying that a manager suggested she get a nose job when she was 13. "They were like 'How old are you?' [I said] 13, they said 'Great, as soon as you turn 15, it's time for a nose job,' " she recalled. "We were like 'Okay, we are out of here!' Obviously I didn't get it done. Wherever she is, I mean she can go f*** herself."
More Lea Michele News
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'