Bryan Cranston May Reprise 'Breaking Bad' Role on Spin-Off 'Better Call Saul'
Bryan Cranston could revisit his "Breaking Bad" days for the upcoming spin-off, "Better Call Saul". HollywoodLife.com claims to have learned from an insider that the Emmy-winning actor will reprise his role as Walter White on the new series, which has been given a 24-episode order by AMC.
"With the new show coming and the possibility of flashbacks or flash-forwards, there is going to be something with Walter White," the source says. "They won't do it as a gimmick, it will actually mean something when they do it."
The source teases, "Definitely expect the return of Walter White in some way, shape or form in the new show." Asked if this means Walter is alive despite getting shot in the series finale, the source coyly says, "Not sure, I wouldn't be able to answer that, but I know that they have options of bringing him back and that they will do it in an awesome way."
This comes on heels of Cranston's statement that could start new speculations on Walter's fate. In an interview with CNN's Ashleigh Banfield, he said of his character's ending, "Hey, you never saw bags zip up or anything. Or say ... you know." Asked about the possibility of him reprising the role in a movie or another work, he replied, "Never say never."
"Better Call Saul" centers on Bob Odenkirk's Saul Goodman "in the years before he became Walter White's attorney. From parking tickets to mass murder, from slip-and-fall to bond fraud, Saul handles it all."
Jonathan Banks is confirmed to return as Saul's trusted private investigator/fixer Michael "Mike" Ehrmantraut. Aaron Paul and Anna Gunn have expressed interest to be part of the new show as well, while Michael McKean is cast as a new character named Dr. Thurber, who's described as a gifted lawyer hampered by a strange affliction.
More Better Call Saul News
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert