Scout Willis Opens Up About Her Topless Protest Against Instagram
Scout Willis recently made headlines after she uploaded photos of her baring her breasts while taking a walk in New York City as a form of protest to Instagram's rule against nudity. The daughter of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore then explained the protest in an interview with Voice. On Friday, May 30, she shared the link and wrote, "Thank you for clearing up my message."
In the interview, Willis said that she didn't expect the photos would receive so much attention. "It would be naive to say I didn't think it would cause a controversy, a buzz. But never did I expect the outpouring - both of media attention, as well as incredibly positive support," she admitted.
Willis was taking a walk with her boyfriend when she suddenly had an idea of making it a topless protest. She ditched her shirt and her boyfriend took photos of her walking around Lower East Side Street. "People were really blase about it," she said of toplessness, which has been legal in the state of New York for 22 years.
Speaking of the toplessness, the 22-year-old Willis revealed that she had a breast reduction surgery a few years ago and it took time to feel comfortable with her body. She explained, "It was one of the most incredible experiences I've ever had. It completely changed my relationship to my body. I felt so empowered and love my breasts so much. I don't feel like wearing a bra."
"Everyone says the policy has to be uniform," she continued. "Apparently, though it's OK for women to be degraded and hyper-sexualized, but it's not OK for them to be proud of their bodies. Some uniform policy bulls**t does not make me OK with that. People are selling heroin on Instagram. People are selling guns. Yet my nipple is the problem."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal