Scout Willis Opens Up About Her Topless Protest Against Instagram
Scout Willis recently made headlines after she uploaded photos of her baring her breasts while taking a walk in New York City as a form of protest to Instagram's rule against nudity. The daughter of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore then explained the protest in an interview with Voice. On Friday, May 30, she shared the link and wrote, "Thank you for clearing up my message."
In the interview, Willis said that she didn't expect the photos would receive so much attention. "It would be naive to say I didn't think it would cause a controversy, a buzz. But never did I expect the outpouring - both of media attention, as well as incredibly positive support," she admitted.
Willis was taking a walk with her boyfriend when she suddenly had an idea of making it a topless protest. She ditched her shirt and her boyfriend took photos of her walking around Lower East Side Street. "People were really blase about it," she said of toplessness, which has been legal in the state of New York for 22 years.
Speaking of the toplessness, the 22-year-old Willis revealed that she had a breast reduction surgery a few years ago and it took time to feel comfortable with her body. She explained, "It was one of the most incredible experiences I've ever had. It completely changed my relationship to my body. I felt so empowered and love my breasts so much. I don't feel like wearing a bra."
"Everyone says the policy has to be uniform," she continued. "Apparently, though it's OK for women to be degraded and hyper-sexualized, but it's not OK for them to be proud of their bodies. Some uniform policy bulls**t does not make me OK with that. People are selling heroin on Instagram. People are selling guns. Yet my nipple is the problem."
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments