Brad Pitt Attacker Banned From Hollywood Events
A former Ukrainian journalist named Vitalii Sediuk has been banned from upcoming Hollywood events after he allegedly attacked Brad Pitt at the premiere of "Maleficent" on Wednesday, May 28. During his court appearance on Friday, Sediuk pleaded no contest to battery and unlawful activity at an event.
The red carpet prankster then was ordered to stay at least 500 yards away from Hollywood blocks where awards shows and movie premieres are usually held. He was ordered to stay away from Pitt and Angelina Jolie. He was additionally sentenced to 36 months probation and ordered to pay a $220 fine, undergo psychological counseling for one year and complete 20 days of community service.
Prior to the incident with Pitt, the 25-year-old man has targeted other stars at various events. He previously made headlines after he tried to kiss Will Smith and was slapped by the actor. He then crashed Adele's stage at the Grammy's and got arrested. Sediuk also hugged Bradley Cooper at the crotch and put his head under America Ferrera's dress.
Ukrainian TV station 1+1 has confirmed that Sediuk was fired about three weeks prior to the "Maleficent" incident. "(Sediuk) no longer represents the interests of the company. The prank on the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival was Vitalii's personal initiative. The journalist did not report his plans to the channel's Editorial Office," a spokesperson for the TV station explained.
More Brad Pitt News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences