Brad Pitt Attacker Banned From Hollywood Events
A former Ukrainian journalist named Vitalii Sediuk has been banned from upcoming Hollywood events after he allegedly attacked Brad Pitt at the premiere of "Maleficent" on Wednesday, May 28. During his court appearance on Friday, Sediuk pleaded no contest to battery and unlawful activity at an event.
The red carpet prankster then was ordered to stay at least 500 yards away from Hollywood blocks where awards shows and movie premieres are usually held. He was ordered to stay away from Pitt and Angelina Jolie. He was additionally sentenced to 36 months probation and ordered to pay a $220 fine, undergo psychological counseling for one year and complete 20 days of community service.
Prior to the incident with Pitt, the 25-year-old man has targeted other stars at various events. He previously made headlines after he tried to kiss Will Smith and was slapped by the actor. He then crashed Adele's stage at the Grammy's and got arrested. Sediuk also hugged Bradley Cooper at the crotch and put his head under America Ferrera's dress.
Ukrainian TV station 1+1 has confirmed that Sediuk was fired about three weeks prior to the "Maleficent" incident. "(Sediuk) no longer represents the interests of the company. The prank on the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival was Vitalii's personal initiative. The journalist did not report his plans to the channel's Editorial Office," a spokesperson for the TV station explained.
More Brad Pitt News
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons