'Alice in Wonderland' Sequel Adds Rhys Ifans
Rhys Ifans joins "Through the Looking Glass", a sequel to Tim Burton's 2010 box office hit "Alice in Wonderland". The 46-year-old actor is tapped to play Zanik Hightopp, the father of 50-year-old Johnny Depp's character Mad Hatter.
The sequel will come out Stateside on May 27, 2016. James Bobin ("Muppets Most Wanted") serves as a director. Mia Wasikowska and Helena Bonham Carter will reprise their roles as Alice and the Red Queen respectively, while Sacha Baron Cohen will portray the main baddie named Time.
Besides starring in the second installment of "Alice in Wonderland" film, Ifans shares screen with Wasikowska in upcoming drama "Madame Bovary". His other new projects include "Serena" which stars Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence and "Squirrels to the Nuts" starring Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie