'Alice in Wonderland' Sequel Adds Rhys Ifans
Rhys Ifans joins "Through the Looking Glass", a sequel to Tim Burton's 2010 box office hit "Alice in Wonderland". The 46-year-old actor is tapped to play Zanik Hightopp, the father of 50-year-old Johnny Depp's character Mad Hatter.
The sequel will come out Stateside on May 27, 2016. James Bobin ("Muppets Most Wanted") serves as a director. Mia Wasikowska and Helena Bonham Carter will reprise their roles as Alice and the Red Queen respectively, while Sacha Baron Cohen will portray the main baddie named Time.
Besides starring in the second installment of "Alice in Wonderland" film, Ifans shares screen with Wasikowska in upcoming drama "Madame Bovary". His other new projects include "Serena" which stars Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence and "Squirrels to the Nuts" starring Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson.
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses