'Alice in Wonderland' Sequel Adds Rhys Ifans
Rhys Ifans joins "Through the Looking Glass", a sequel to Tim Burton's 2010 box office hit "Alice in Wonderland". The 46-year-old actor is tapped to play Zanik Hightopp, the father of 50-year-old Johnny Depp's character Mad Hatter.
The sequel will come out Stateside on May 27, 2016. James Bobin ("Muppets Most Wanted") serves as a director. Mia Wasikowska and Helena Bonham Carter will reprise their roles as Alice and the Red Queen respectively, while Sacha Baron Cohen will portray the main baddie named Time.
Besides starring in the second installment of "Alice in Wonderland" film, Ifans shares screen with Wasikowska in upcoming drama "Madame Bovary". His other new projects include "Serena" which stars Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence and "Squirrels to the Nuts" starring Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson.
- Meek Mill Takes More Shots at Drake on 'All the Way Up' Remix
- Disney Is Considering a Live-Action Version of 'The Little Mermaid'
- Johnny Depp Protects $400 Net Worth, Refuses Amber Heard's Request for Spousal Support
- 'Limitless' Is Canceled by CBS After One Season, Gets No Second Chance
- Beyonce Holds Hands With Jay-Z During Date Night in NYC
- New 'Captain America' Comic Reveals Steve Rogers Is a Hydra Agent All Along
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp