Garth Ancier Files Motion to Get Sex Abuse Case Dismissed
Garth Ancier, one of four Hollywood figures who are accused of sexually abusing a man named Michael Egan when he was a minor in Hawaii and an Encino, California home, has filed a motion to dismiss the case. According to The Daily Beast, the former NBC exec filed the motion on Thursday, May 29 in a Hawaiian court.
Back in April, Egan filed a lawsuit against "X Men: Days of Future Past" director Bryan Singer for similar allegations. A week later, Egan's lawyer Jeff Herman named three more Hollywood figures Gary Goddard, David Neuman and Ancier in new lawsuits.
In the motion, Ancier's lawyers Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell also said that Egan's lawsuit was a "part of an avowed campaign by Mr. Herman to troll for new clients who will enable him to shake down Hollywood executives." Ancier additionally said that he had proofs such as receipt and other documents as well as witnesses who claimed that he wasn't in Hawaii when the alleged abuse took place between August 1 and October 31, 1999.
Ancier denied that he flew to Hawaii in a private jet or being in a plane with Egan. Ancier said that during the period, he wasn't really able to travel because he "was under intense scrutiny by my bosses at NBC" and his work performance was assessed. "It was critical for me to work as hard as possible through the sweeps period; to take time off for two trips to Hawaii would have been virtual career suicide," he explained.
Other men who were named in the sex abuse lawsuits have already filed their motions to dismiss the case.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked