Garth Ancier Files Motion to Get Sex Abuse Case Dismissed
Garth Ancier, one of four Hollywood figures who are accused of sexually abusing a man named Michael Egan when he was a minor in Hawaii and an Encino, California home, has filed a motion to dismiss the case. According to The Daily Beast, the former NBC exec filed the motion on Thursday, May 29 in a Hawaiian court.
Back in April, Egan filed a lawsuit against "X Men: Days of Future Past" director Bryan Singer for similar allegations. A week later, Egan's lawyer Jeff Herman named three more Hollywood figures Gary Goddard, David Neuman and Ancier in new lawsuits.
In the motion, Ancier's lawyers Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell also said that Egan's lawsuit was a "part of an avowed campaign by Mr. Herman to troll for new clients who will enable him to shake down Hollywood executives." Ancier additionally said that he had proofs such as receipt and other documents as well as witnesses who claimed that he wasn't in Hawaii when the alleged abuse took place between August 1 and October 31, 1999.
Ancier denied that he flew to Hawaii in a private jet or being in a plane with Egan. Ancier said that during the period, he wasn't really able to travel because he "was under intense scrutiny by my bosses at NBC" and his work performance was assessed. "It was critical for me to work as hard as possible through the sweeps period; to take time off for two trips to Hawaii would have been virtual career suicide," he explained.
Other men who were named in the sex abuse lawsuits have already filed their motions to dismiss the case.
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List
- Report: Prince Harry Plans to Give Meghan Markle Engagement Ring Made From Princess Diana's Bracelet
- Is Nicki Minaj on Safaree Samuels' Side in Meek Mill Beef?
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'