Bret Michaels Ends Concert After Suffering Medical Emergency Onstage
Bret Michaels had a medical emergency and was subsequently rushed offstage during his concert in Manchester, NH, on Thursday, May 29. Band guitarist Pete Evick then explained the singer's condition in an official statement released later that night.
"Tonight in Manchester, NH 3 songs into the set Bret had me sing a song as he rushed off stage," Evick wrote. "In the 9 years I've stood next to him, I've never seen a look like the one on his face as if I was a complete stranger. One of the crew returned instantly to notify me that Bret's blood sugar was extremely low."
"He returned to the stage only to announce that he could not continue. As you all know he is a health fanatic and fiercely monitors his blood sugar, he basically had to be dragged off the stage in his sickest of conditions. When I rushed to the bus he could barley speak, but begged me to apologize to the fans and seemed only concerned for them," he continued.
Evick added that Michaels was being evaluated by paramedics. The star's camp has just taken to twitter to thank "all the paramedics both on & off duty who assisted Bret tonight." "No words can thank you enough for ur help," they said.
Michaels was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when he was six years old. Additionally he has undergone an emergency appendectomy, heart surgery and suffered brain hemorrhaging.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake