Bret Michaels Ends Concert After Suffering Medical Emergency Onstage
Bret Michaels had a medical emergency and was subsequently rushed offstage during his concert in Manchester, NH, on Thursday, May 29. Band guitarist Pete Evick then explained the singer's condition in an official statement released later that night.
"Tonight in Manchester, NH 3 songs into the set Bret had me sing a song as he rushed off stage," Evick wrote. "In the 9 years I've stood next to him, I've never seen a look like the one on his face as if I was a complete stranger. One of the crew returned instantly to notify me that Bret's blood sugar was extremely low."
"He returned to the stage only to announce that he could not continue. As you all know he is a health fanatic and fiercely monitors his blood sugar, he basically had to be dragged off the stage in his sickest of conditions. When I rushed to the bus he could barley speak, but begged me to apologize to the fans and seemed only concerned for them," he continued.
Evick added that Michaels was being evaluated by paramedics. The star's camp has just taken to twitter to thank "all the paramedics both on & off duty who assisted Bret tonight." "No words can thank you enough for ur help," they said.
Michaels was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when he was six years old. Additionally he has undergone an emergency appendectomy, heart surgery and suffered brain hemorrhaging.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season