Bret Michaels Ends Concert After Suffering Medical Emergency Onstage
Bret Michaels had a medical emergency and was subsequently rushed offstage during his concert in Manchester, NH, on Thursday, May 29. Band guitarist Pete Evick then explained the singer's condition in an official statement released later that night.
"Tonight in Manchester, NH 3 songs into the set Bret had me sing a song as he rushed off stage," Evick wrote. "In the 9 years I've stood next to him, I've never seen a look like the one on his face as if I was a complete stranger. One of the crew returned instantly to notify me that Bret's blood sugar was extremely low."
"He returned to the stage only to announce that he could not continue. As you all know he is a health fanatic and fiercely monitors his blood sugar, he basically had to be dragged off the stage in his sickest of conditions. When I rushed to the bus he could barley speak, but begged me to apologize to the fans and seemed only concerned for them," he continued.
Evick added that Michaels was being evaluated by paramedics. The star's camp has just taken to twitter to thank "all the paramedics both on & off duty who assisted Bret tonight." "No words can thank you enough for ur help," they said.
Michaels was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when he was six years old. Additionally he has undergone an emergency appendectomy, heart surgery and suffered brain hemorrhaging.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch