Bret Michaels Ends Concert After Suffering Medical Emergency Onstage
Bret Michaels had a medical emergency and was subsequently rushed offstage during his concert in Manchester, NH, on Thursday, May 29. Band guitarist Pete Evick then explained the singer's condition in an official statement released later that night.
"Tonight in Manchester, NH 3 songs into the set Bret had me sing a song as he rushed off stage," Evick wrote. "In the 9 years I've stood next to him, I've never seen a look like the one on his face as if I was a complete stranger. One of the crew returned instantly to notify me that Bret's blood sugar was extremely low."
"He returned to the stage only to announce that he could not continue. As you all know he is a health fanatic and fiercely monitors his blood sugar, he basically had to be dragged off the stage in his sickest of conditions. When I rushed to the bus he could barley speak, but begged me to apologize to the fans and seemed only concerned for them," he continued.
Evick added that Michaels was being evaluated by paramedics. The star's camp has just taken to twitter to thank "all the paramedics both on & off duty who assisted Bret tonight." "No words can thank you enough for ur help," they said.
Michaels was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when he was six years old. Additionally he has undergone an emergency appendectomy, heart surgery and suffered brain hemorrhaging.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed