Sony Pictures Eyes to Revive 'Community', Dan Harmon May Change His Stance
There is mutual interest from both Hulu and Sony Pictures Television to revive "Community". Deadline reports that the streaming service is in preliminary talks with the show's producers for a possible sixth season and both parties show their will.
According to the site, series creator Dan Harmon is also involved in the negotiations, although he previously expressed his reluctance to bring the show to somewhere else after NBC canceled it.
He wrote on his blog, "For a million reasons, some selfish, some creative, one logistic, five sexual, three racist (in a good way) and, oddly, nine isometric... I said 'eh' " when Sony called him on Friday, May 9 to discuss "about the concept of the show living elsewhere." He added though, "I will change it to a 'sure, let's talk' on Monday morning and Sony can do their thing. I'm not going to be the guy that recancels cancelled 'Community'."
In contrary, Sony Pictures Television co-president Jamie Erlicht told The Hollywood Reporter earlier this month that they're fighting for a sixth season of the sitcom. "We, more than any other studios, fight for shows that we believe in. This show had a remarkable history," he said.
Erlicht went on revealing, "There are real conversations we need to have with everyone as soon as we get back. We've been on the receiving end of some phone calls, but we really need to get together with the 'Community' team and have real conversations and figure out the future. If there's any show that should have a future or could have a future, it really feels like 'Community' is the one."
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'