Sony Pictures Eyes to Revive 'Community', Dan Harmon May Change His Stance
There is mutual interest from both Hulu and Sony Pictures Television to revive "Community". Deadline reports that the streaming service is in preliminary talks with the show's producers for a possible sixth season and both parties show their will.
According to the site, series creator Dan Harmon is also involved in the negotiations, although he previously expressed his reluctance to bring the show to somewhere else after NBC canceled it.
He wrote on his blog, "For a million reasons, some selfish, some creative, one logistic, five sexual, three racist (in a good way) and, oddly, nine isometric... I said 'eh' " when Sony called him on Friday, May 9 to discuss "about the concept of the show living elsewhere." He added though, "I will change it to a 'sure, let's talk' on Monday morning and Sony can do their thing. I'm not going to be the guy that recancels cancelled 'Community'."
In contrary, Sony Pictures Television co-president Jamie Erlicht told The Hollywood Reporter earlier this month that they're fighting for a sixth season of the sitcom. "We, more than any other studios, fight for shows that we believe in. This show had a remarkable history," he said.
Erlicht went on revealing, "There are real conversations we need to have with everyone as soon as we get back. We've been on the receiving end of some phone calls, but we really need to get together with the 'Community' team and have real conversations and figure out the future. If there's any show that should have a future or could have a future, it really feels like 'Community' is the one."
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer