Cindy McCain Slams Gwyneth Paltrow for War Comment
Gwyneth Paltrow's recent comment about internet trolls apparently offended Cindy McCain. Senator John McCain's wife took to Twitter on Thursday, May 29 to blast Paltrow after she likened her experience with online haters to being in a war. "Gweneth Paltrow is a joke. Her life is like taking bullets for a soldier. What a joke! My 2 sons serving in the military should talk to her," McCain wrote on Twitter. "Perhaps Gweneth Paltrow should go out on patrol with some soldiers. Kind of like a Red Carpet in her mind I guess!"
In an interview with HLN Now TV on Thursday, McCain additionally called the Oscar-winning actress "ignorant" and "selfish." McCain said, "I would encourage Gwyneth Paltrow - and I would be happy to go with her - to go sit down with some troops who have served in Afghanistan or Iraq and talk to them about what really goes on, and perhaps meet some of the young men and women who have lost limbs from this."
Paltrow talked about online haters in an interview with Re/code earlier this week. "You come across [online comments] about yourself and about your friends, and it's a very dehumanizing thing. It's almost like how, in war, you go through this bloody, dehumanizing thing, and then something is defined out of it," she was quoted as saying.
The actress' other comment about her life as a working mother also gained people's attention. Paltrow recently told E! that it was "much harder" for her as an actress and a mother. However, Busy Philipps said in an interview with HuffPost Live on Thursday that for her it wasn't the case.
"God bless her, she really just says what she feels. That's her reality. That's her truth. It's just not mine. I have a different reality and a different truth," Philipps said. She continued saying that she could manage her time to be with her family during summer and that she had a nanny who helped her with kids and a working husband.
"I feel like, for me, I have nothing to complain about in that regard... I don't ever feel like I have to stop myself from complaining about how hard it is to be an actress. I mean, it's not that hard," the "Cougar Town" star commented.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7