'Jeopardy!' Contestant Julia Collins Continues Winning Streak With 19th Win
Another "Jeopardy!" contestant, Julia Collins, has become the talk of the town. Returning to the show on Thursday night, May 29, she scored her 19th win, tying the record for second-most wins in non-tournament games of all time with Dave Madden.
Collins, a 31-year-old supply-chain specialist from Wilmette, Ill., has won a total of $410,000. It's the third-best total ever on the show. "The only @Jeopardy moment more overwhelming than this for me was win number 1. I'm pretty sure I was in a little bit of shock," she tweeted after the latest episode aired.
The record for the most wins of all time is still held by Ken Jennings, with 74 straight wins in 2004. He gave a shout-out to Collins, posting on his Twitter on May 26, "Yo @JeopardyJulia the real deal y'all."
Unlike recent "Jeopardy!" champ Arthur Chu whose infamous strategy by jumping around the board to find the Daily Doubles earned him the nickname "hero villain," Collins' key in winning is consistency, according to an analysis by The Washington Post. She methodically makes her way through the categories on the board and in over 60 percent of her matches, she locked a win before the Final Jeopardy round.
More Jeopardy! News
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?