'Jeopardy!' Contestant Julia Collins Continues Winning Streak With 19th Win
Another "Jeopardy!" contestant, Julia Collins, has become the talk of the town. Returning to the show on Thursday night, May 29, she scored her 19th win, tying the record for second-most wins in non-tournament games of all time with Dave Madden.
Collins, a 31-year-old supply-chain specialist from Wilmette, Ill., has won a total of $410,000. It's the third-best total ever on the show. "The only @Jeopardy moment more overwhelming than this for me was win number 1. I'm pretty sure I was in a little bit of shock," she tweeted after the latest episode aired.
The record for the most wins of all time is still held by Ken Jennings, with 74 straight wins in 2004. He gave a shout-out to Collins, posting on his Twitter on May 26, "Yo @JeopardyJulia the real deal y'all."
Unlike recent "Jeopardy!" champ Arthur Chu whose infamous strategy by jumping around the board to find the Daily Doubles earned him the nickname "hero villain," Collins' key in winning is consistency, according to an analysis by The Washington Post. She methodically makes her way through the categories on the board and in over 60 percent of her matches, she locked a win before the Final Jeopardy round.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie