Iggy Azalea Rules Billboard 100's Top 2, Matches The Beatles' U.S. Chart Record
Iggy Azalea has taken the No. 1 and No. 2 spots on Billboard 100. Her latest single "Fancy" recently ascended to No. 1 on Billboard 100, while her collaboration with Ariana Grande "Problem" jumped from last week's No. 3 to No. 2.
That accomplishment makes the Australian femcee only the second artist in the chart's history to have simultaneously held the top two spots with their first chart hits. The previous act to do so was British legendary band The Beatles.
Following their appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show", the Fab Four had their "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and "She Loves You" landed at No. 1 and No. 2 respectively in February 1964.
Azalea is also just the third female artist to rule Hot 100's top 2, joining Mariah Carey ("We Belong Together" and "Shake It Off" in 2005) and Ashanti (her own "Foolish" and Fat Joe's "What's Luv?" in 2002).
"Fancy", featuring guest vocals from British beauty Charli XCX, is a single from Azalea's "The New Classic" album that is currently at No. 9 on Billboard 200. Most recently, the two promoted the single by performing it during Billboard Music Awards and "Dancing with the Stars". Its music video, which sees the girls recreating hit movie "Clueless", has so far garnered 59 million views on YouTube.
On Hot 100, the song dethrones last week's first placer John Legend's "All of Me" that falls to No. 3. It also becomes the first No. 1 song by a solo female rapper since 1998, when Lauryn Hill topped the chart with her "Doo Wop (That Thing)".
More Iggy Azalea News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service