Second 'Annie' Trailer Previews New Songs and Bald Jamie Foxx
The second trailer of "Annie" has been released to give away more plot and funny moments. Most of the clips focus on the relationship between Quvenzhane Wallis' Annie and her benefactor Benjamin Stacks, played by Jamie Foxx.
The new trailer reveals that Stacks is bald just like Daddy Warbucks in the Broadway musical and the 1982 film adaptation. Also new to the viewers is Annie's reaction when seeing herself in a jumbotron after being saved by Stacks. "Whoa! My hair's gigantic!" she exclaims. Rose Byrne particularly gets more screen time in the second trailer, but that only means that Cameron Diaz's content is downsized.
Two new tracks, "A Hard Knock Life" and "You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile", are previewed in the trailer with some lyric changes. In the first song, the lyric "when you're in an orphanage" is changed to "when you're a foster kid." The sole reason to change it is because the remake doesn't take place in the Depression era. As a spokesperson for the New York State Office of Children and Family Services told TIME, "We in the state of New York do not use the term orphanage."
Meanwhile in "Smile", the opening lyric is changed from "Hey, hobo man/Hey, Dapper Dan" to "Hey, America/Let's turn it up." It is expected that many of the '30s references in the song would be adjusted to modern day terms.
"Annie" arrives in U.S. theaters December 19.
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why