'Jurassic World' Plot Details Revealed by Director Colin Trevorrow
New details about "Jurassic World" have been revealed. Responding to plot details that leaked last week, the film's director Colin Trevorrow did an interview with /Film to clarify some reports that sparked controversy amongst fans.
"Last week was discouraging for everyone on our crew - not because we want to hide things from the fans, but because we're working so hard to create something full of surprises," Trevorrow told the site.
He went on confirming rumors that said the upcoming movie would be set on Isla Nublar 22 years after "Jurassic Park". "Yes. Jurassic World takes place in a fully functional park on Isla Nublar. It sees more than 20,000 visitors every day. You arrive by ferry from Costa Rica. It has elements of a biological preserve, a safari, a zoo, and a theme park," he explained.
He added, "There is a luxury resort with hotels, restaurants, nightlife and a golf course. And there are dinosaurs. Real ones. You can get closer to them than you ever imagined possible. It's the realization of John Hammond's dream, and I think you'll want to go there."
Trevorrow also talked a bit about a character that would be played by Chris Pratt. The director said that the "Guardians of the Galaxy" star would play a scientist who's doing behavioral research on Velociraptors and trying to "figure out the limits of the relationship between these highly intelligent creatures and human beings."
Of rumors suggesting that there'd be genetically modified, hybrid dinosaurs, Trevorrow said, "Yes, there will be one new dinosaur created by the park's geneticists." He added, "I know the idea of a modified dinosaur put a lot of fans on red alert, and I understand it. But we aren't doing anything here that Crichton didn't suggest in his novels. This animal is not a mutant freak. It's a dinosaur, created in the same way the others were, but now the genetics have gone to the next level."
More Jurassic World News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed