'Jurassic World' Plot Details Revealed by Director Colin Trevorrow
New details about "Jurassic World" have been revealed. Responding to plot details that leaked last week, the film's director Colin Trevorrow did an interview with /Film to clarify some reports that sparked controversy amongst fans.
"Last week was discouraging for everyone on our crew - not because we want to hide things from the fans, but because we're working so hard to create something full of surprises," Trevorrow told the site.
He went on confirming rumors that said the upcoming movie would be set on Isla Nublar 22 years after "Jurassic Park". "Yes. Jurassic World takes place in a fully functional park on Isla Nublar. It sees more than 20,000 visitors every day. You arrive by ferry from Costa Rica. It has elements of a biological preserve, a safari, a zoo, and a theme park," he explained.
He added, "There is a luxury resort with hotels, restaurants, nightlife and a golf course. And there are dinosaurs. Real ones. You can get closer to them than you ever imagined possible. It's the realization of John Hammond's dream, and I think you'll want to go there."
Trevorrow also talked a bit about a character that would be played by Chris Pratt. The director said that the "Guardians of the Galaxy" star would play a scientist who's doing behavioral research on Velociraptors and trying to "figure out the limits of the relationship between these highly intelligent creatures and human beings."
Of rumors suggesting that there'd be genetically modified, hybrid dinosaurs, Trevorrow said, "Yes, there will be one new dinosaur created by the park's geneticists." He added, "I know the idea of a modified dinosaur put a lot of fans on red alert, and I understand it. But we aren't doing anything here that Crichton didn't suggest in his novels. This animal is not a mutant freak. It's a dinosaur, created in the same way the others were, but now the genetics have gone to the next level."
More Jurassic World News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences