'Jurassic World' Plot Details Revealed by Director Colin Trevorrow
New details about "Jurassic World" have been revealed. Responding to plot details that leaked last week, the film's director Colin Trevorrow did an interview with /Film to clarify some reports that sparked controversy amongst fans.
"Last week was discouraging for everyone on our crew - not because we want to hide things from the fans, but because we're working so hard to create something full of surprises," Trevorrow told the site.
He went on confirming rumors that said the upcoming movie would be set on Isla Nublar 22 years after "Jurassic Park". "Yes. Jurassic World takes place in a fully functional park on Isla Nublar. It sees more than 20,000 visitors every day. You arrive by ferry from Costa Rica. It has elements of a biological preserve, a safari, a zoo, and a theme park," he explained.
He added, "There is a luxury resort with hotels, restaurants, nightlife and a golf course. And there are dinosaurs. Real ones. You can get closer to them than you ever imagined possible. It's the realization of John Hammond's dream, and I think you'll want to go there."
Trevorrow also talked a bit about a character that would be played by Chris Pratt. The director said that the "Guardians of the Galaxy" star would play a scientist who's doing behavioral research on Velociraptors and trying to "figure out the limits of the relationship between these highly intelligent creatures and human beings."
Of rumors suggesting that there'd be genetically modified, hybrid dinosaurs, Trevorrow said, "Yes, there will be one new dinosaur created by the park's geneticists." He added, "I know the idea of a modified dinosaur put a lot of fans on red alert, and I understand it. But we aren't doing anything here that Crichton didn't suggest in his novels. This animal is not a mutant freak. It's a dinosaur, created in the same way the others were, but now the genetics have gone to the next level."
More Jurassic World News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris