HBO Orders Danny McBride's New Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
HBO enters into a new business partnership with Danny McBride after "Eastbound & Down" ended its run on the network in November 2013. The premium cable channel has given a straight-to-series order of 18 episodes for comedy series "Vice Principals" created by McBride and Jody Hill.
"Danny McBride and Jody Hill have created a smart, rowdy and unpredictable style of comedy that we can't get enough of," says Michael Lombardo, president of HBO Programming. "The idea of them setting their minds on high school was irresistible."
The show revolves around a high school and the people who almost run it, the vice principals. McBride, Hill, David Gordon Green and Stephanie Laing, who all executive produced "Eastbound & Down", are back teaming up to exec produce the new comedy.
Premiere date and cast members for the upcoming series have not been announced yet.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group