HBO Orders Danny McBride's New Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
HBO enters into a new business partnership with Danny McBride after "Eastbound & Down" ended its run on the network in November 2013. The premium cable channel has given a straight-to-series order of 18 episodes for comedy series "Vice Principals" created by McBride and Jody Hill.
"Danny McBride and Jody Hill have created a smart, rowdy and unpredictable style of comedy that we can't get enough of," says Michael Lombardo, president of HBO Programming. "The idea of them setting their minds on high school was irresistible."
The show revolves around a high school and the people who almost run it, the vice principals. McBride, Hill, David Gordon Green and Stephanie Laing, who all executive produced "Eastbound & Down", are back teaming up to exec produce the new comedy.
Premiere date and cast members for the upcoming series have not been announced yet.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed