Axl Rose Responds to Being Placed First on World's Greatest Singers List
Axl Rose recently topped the World's Greatest Singers list after a chart by ConcertHotels.com showed that he had a vocal range that spanned nearly six octaves. The Guns N' Roses vocalist has now responded to the new milestone in a letter to Spin, saying that "it's very flattering and humbling to be included in such an illustrious ensemble."
"From what I could tell, the original article was for the most part only talking about the professionally recorded vocal range of the singers they compared calling the entire group 'The World's Greatest Singers'," wrote Rose, who beat the likes of Mariah Carey, Prince and Steven Tyler in the list.
"If I had to say who I thought the best singers were, I'd say first that I don't know there's a definitive answer as in my opinion it's subjective, and second that my focus is primarily rock singers," he continued.
"That said, I enjoy Freddie Mercury, Elvis Presley, Paul McCartney, Dan McCafferty, Janice Joplin, Michael Jackson, Elton John, Roger Daltrey, Don Henley, Jeff Lynne, Johnny Cash, Frank Sinatra, Jimmy Scott, Etta James, Fiona Apple, Chrissie Hynde, Stevie Wonder, James Brown and a ton of others (predominantly '70s rock singers) and would rather hear ANY of them anytime rather than me!"
The World's Greatest Singers list, however, has been updated. A follow-up study shows that Mike Patton of Faith No More has the broadest singing range, pushing Rose back down to the list's No. 4.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?