'Clueless' Star Stacey Dash Hired as Commentator on Fox News
Stacey Dash, who is best known for starring opposite Alicia Silverstone in 1995's movie "Clueless" and its TV spin-off, has landed a permanent gig on Fox News. The 47-year-old actress joins the news channel as a paid contributor to offer cultural analysis and commentary on various daytime and primetime programs.
"Stacey is an engaging conversationalist whose distinctive viewpoints among her Hollywood peers have spawned national debates," says Bill Shine, network executive vp news. "We're pleased to have her join Fox News." She joins Fox's contributors which include Karl Rove, James Carville, George Will, Dennis Miller and Sarah Palin.
Dash, who is of African-American and Mexican descent, was criticized in the black community for endorsing Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney instead of Democrat Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election.
Her political view aside, she has guest starred on "The Game" and most recently "The Exes". She also starred in the first season of VH1's original series "Single Ladies".
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role