'Clueless' Star Stacey Dash Hired as Commentator on Fox News
Stacey Dash, who is best known for starring opposite Alicia Silverstone in 1995's movie "Clueless" and its TV spin-off, has landed a permanent gig on Fox News. The 47-year-old actress joins the news channel as a paid contributor to offer cultural analysis and commentary on various daytime and primetime programs.
"Stacey is an engaging conversationalist whose distinctive viewpoints among her Hollywood peers have spawned national debates," says Bill Shine, network executive vp news. "We're pleased to have her join Fox News." She joins Fox's contributors which include Karl Rove, James Carville, George Will, Dennis Miller and Sarah Palin.
Dash, who is of African-American and Mexican descent, was criticized in the black community for endorsing Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney instead of Democrat Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election.
Her political view aside, she has guest starred on "The Game" and most recently "The Exes". She also starred in the first season of VH1's original series "Single Ladies".
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party