'Clueless' Star Stacey Dash Hired as Commentator on Fox News
Stacey Dash, who is best known for starring opposite Alicia Silverstone in 1995's movie "Clueless" and its TV spin-off, has landed a permanent gig on Fox News. The 47-year-old actress joins the news channel as a paid contributor to offer cultural analysis and commentary on various daytime and primetime programs.
"Stacey is an engaging conversationalist whose distinctive viewpoints among her Hollywood peers have spawned national debates," says Bill Shine, network executive vp news. "We're pleased to have her join Fox News." She joins Fox's contributors which include Karl Rove, James Carville, George Will, Dennis Miller and Sarah Palin.
Dash, who is of African-American and Mexican descent, was criticized in the black community for endorsing Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney instead of Democrat Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election.
Her political view aside, she has guest starred on "The Game" and most recently "The Exes". She also starred in the first season of VH1's original series "Single Ladies".
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season