'Clueless' Star Stacey Dash Hired as Commentator on Fox News
Stacey Dash, who is best known for starring opposite Alicia Silverstone in 1995's movie "Clueless" and its TV spin-off, has landed a permanent gig on Fox News. The 47-year-old actress joins the news channel as a paid contributor to offer cultural analysis and commentary on various daytime and primetime programs.
"Stacey is an engaging conversationalist whose distinctive viewpoints among her Hollywood peers have spawned national debates," says Bill Shine, network executive vp news. "We're pleased to have her join Fox News." She joins Fox's contributors which include Karl Rove, James Carville, George Will, Dennis Miller and Sarah Palin.
Dash, who is of African-American and Mexican descent, was criticized in the black community for endorsing Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney instead of Democrat Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election.
Her political view aside, she has guest starred on "The Game" and most recently "The Exes". She also starred in the first season of VH1's original series "Single Ladies".
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters