'Clueless' Star Stacey Dash Hired as Commentator on Fox News
Stacey Dash, who is best known for starring opposite Alicia Silverstone in 1995's movie "Clueless" and its TV spin-off, has landed a permanent gig on Fox News. The 47-year-old actress joins the news channel as a paid contributor to offer cultural analysis and commentary on various daytime and primetime programs.
"Stacey is an engaging conversationalist whose distinctive viewpoints among her Hollywood peers have spawned national debates," says Bill Shine, network executive vp news. "We're pleased to have her join Fox News." She joins Fox's contributors which include Karl Rove, James Carville, George Will, Dennis Miller and Sarah Palin.
Dash, who is of African-American and Mexican descent, was criticized in the black community for endorsing Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney instead of Democrat Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election.
Her political view aside, she has guest starred on "The Game" and most recently "The Exes". She also starred in the first season of VH1's original series "Single Ladies".
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton