Demi Moore's Daughter Scout Willis Went Topless to Protest Instagram
Scout Willis is making headlines for freeing her nipples in protest of Instagram's nudity policy. The 22-year-old daughter of Demi Moore and Bruce Willis posted a couple of photos of her strolling around topless in New York City on Tuesday, May 27.
Willis was intrigued by the fact that Instagram deleted pictures of women breastfeeding and breast cancer survivors. She set a mission to free the nipples and see whether the photo-sharing site would take her photos down. "Legal in NYC but not on @instagram," she captioned a photo of her shopping for flowers wearing only a skirt and a pair of shoes. She posted another daring photo of her walking the street with the caption, "What @instagram won't let you see #FreeTheNipple."
Willis added later, "My comfort with my body should not be dictated by how others perceive me. However, I don't wish to force this view on anyone. If you don't like what you see, simply unfollow me." She had received positive responses from her followers, some of which complained that they experienced the same thing.
Instagram has responded to Willis' movement, saying they love that people express themselves artistically and capture important moments in their lives via their site. However, they insist that all forms of nudity are prohibited on Instagram because they made the rules based on "patterns of behavior" of the audience.
Willis' Instagram account has been removed, but she's thinking of starting a new account. "Thinking of starting a new Instagram account as an experiment. Only beautiful, artistic nudes. And let's see how long till I get kicked off," she wrote.
More Demi Moore News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics