Chelsea Handler to End E! Talk Show in August
E! has set an end date for Chelsea Handler's talk show. "Chelsea Lately" will wrap up its seven-year run on Tuesday, August 26 at 11 P.M. with an hour-long live final episode following a "month-long celebration of special episodes and surprise guests."
"I myself am more surprised than anyone that I was able to hold down a job for seven years, and it was a fantastic seven years," Handler said in a statement released on Wednesday, May 28. "I will always look back at my time on E! as most people look back at their time in college. I'm glad I went."
E!'s President Suzanne Kolb also commented, "We are very proud of Chelsea Lately's long-running success and the unique space that the series carved out in late night television. Chelsea brought a distinct voice to late night with her acerbic wit and fearless commentary and we look forward to providing fans with a memorable send-off that lives up to that tradition. Most of all, we are grateful to the 'Chelsea Lately' team for making this show so special for seven years."
"Chelsea Lately" will continue to air weeknights at 11 P.M. on E! until the series finale.
Handler was previously rumored being in talks with CBS, who will have a vacant late-night slot following Craig Ferguson's impending departure. She, however, has told Ellen DeGeneres, "I would never be on a regular network. ... I would never do that to my fans or to myself or to the network."
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery