Chelsea Handler to End E! Talk Show in August
E! has set an end date for Chelsea Handler's talk show. "Chelsea Lately" will wrap up its seven-year run on Tuesday, August 26 at 11 P.M. with an hour-long live final episode following a "month-long celebration of special episodes and surprise guests."
"I myself am more surprised than anyone that I was able to hold down a job for seven years, and it was a fantastic seven years," Handler said in a statement released on Wednesday, May 28. "I will always look back at my time on E! as most people look back at their time in college. I'm glad I went."
E!'s President Suzanne Kolb also commented, "We are very proud of Chelsea Lately's long-running success and the unique space that the series carved out in late night television. Chelsea brought a distinct voice to late night with her acerbic wit and fearless commentary and we look forward to providing fans with a memorable send-off that lives up to that tradition. Most of all, we are grateful to the 'Chelsea Lately' team for making this show so special for seven years."
"Chelsea Lately" will continue to air weeknights at 11 P.M. on E! until the series finale.
Handler was previously rumored being in talks with CBS, who will have a vacant late-night slot following Craig Ferguson's impending departure. She, however, has told Ellen DeGeneres, "I would never be on a regular network. ... I would never do that to my fans or to myself or to the network."
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service