Chelsea Handler to End E! Talk Show in August
E! has set an end date for Chelsea Handler's talk show. "Chelsea Lately" will wrap up its seven-year run on Tuesday, August 26 at 11 P.M. with an hour-long live final episode following a "month-long celebration of special episodes and surprise guests."
"I myself am more surprised than anyone that I was able to hold down a job for seven years, and it was a fantastic seven years," Handler said in a statement released on Wednesday, May 28. "I will always look back at my time on E! as most people look back at their time in college. I'm glad I went."
E!'s President Suzanne Kolb also commented, "We are very proud of Chelsea Lately's long-running success and the unique space that the series carved out in late night television. Chelsea brought a distinct voice to late night with her acerbic wit and fearless commentary and we look forward to providing fans with a memorable send-off that lives up to that tradition. Most of all, we are grateful to the 'Chelsea Lately' team for making this show so special for seven years."
"Chelsea Lately" will continue to air weeknights at 11 P.M. on E! until the series finale.
Handler was previously rumored being in talks with CBS, who will have a vacant late-night slot following Craig Ferguson's impending departure. She, however, has told Ellen DeGeneres, "I would never be on a regular network. ... I would never do that to my fans or to myself or to the network."
- NBC Renews 'Days of Our Lives' for 52nd Season
- Adele Secretly Tied the Knot With Simon Konecki in Low-Key Ceremony at Home
- Demi Moore Is Set to Star as Mysterious Nurse on 'Empire' Season 4
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in Front of Son Cairo and Other Kids
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Seen Together Again Entering a Hotel in Milan
- 'Godzilla: King of Monsters' Taps Kyle Chandler as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Father
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Photo Confirms James Franco's Casting
- Beyonce and Jay-Z 'Are in the Best Place in Their Marriage'