Chelsea Handler to End E! Talk Show in August
E! has set an end date for Chelsea Handler's talk show. "Chelsea Lately" will wrap up its seven-year run on Tuesday, August 26 at 11 P.M. with an hour-long live final episode following a "month-long celebration of special episodes and surprise guests."
"I myself am more surprised than anyone that I was able to hold down a job for seven years, and it was a fantastic seven years," Handler said in a statement released on Wednesday, May 28. "I will always look back at my time on E! as most people look back at their time in college. I'm glad I went."
E!'s President Suzanne Kolb also commented, "We are very proud of Chelsea Lately's long-running success and the unique space that the series carved out in late night television. Chelsea brought a distinct voice to late night with her acerbic wit and fearless commentary and we look forward to providing fans with a memorable send-off that lives up to that tradition. Most of all, we are grateful to the 'Chelsea Lately' team for making this show so special for seven years."
"Chelsea Lately" will continue to air weeknights at 11 P.M. on E! until the series finale.
Handler was previously rumored being in talks with CBS, who will have a vacant late-night slot following Craig Ferguson's impending departure. She, however, has told Ellen DeGeneres, "I would never be on a regular network. ... I would never do that to my fans or to myself or to the network."
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?