Angelina Jolie and Beyonce Knowles Among Forbes' 100 Most Powerful Women
Actress Angelina Jolie and songstress Beyonce Knowles are among the most powerful women this year according to Forbes. The magazine ranks the fiercest females based on their wealth, media presence, spheres of influence, and social impact.
The "Maleficent" star who serves as a special envoy for UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees) lands at No. 50 on the list. But Queen Bey is ranked much higher at No. 17. She is recognized for the success of her unprecedented self-titled visual album, her Mrs. Carter Show tour, and many more.
Other entertainers making the cut include OWN founder Oprah Winfrey at No. 14, "Modern Family" star Sofia Vergara at No. 32, TV host Ellen DeGeneres at No. 46, Colombian singer/songwriter Shakira at No. 58, and outlandish artist Lady GaGa at No. 67.
The top slot is once again occupied by German Chancellor Angela Merkel. It's reportedly her 10th time on the list and her 9th at the first position. Bill Gates' wife Melinda Gates sits at No. 3, former United States Secretary of State Hilary Clinton comes in at No. 6, while First lady Michelle Obama settles at No. 8 followed by Facebook COO Sheryl Sandburg at No. 9.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service