'True Detective' Season 2 Will Feature Three Leads, California Setting
New info regarding "True Detective" season 2 has emerged. The HBO series' creator Nic Pizzolatto shared some details regarding the characters and setting in an interview with To the Best of Our Knowledge, saying that there would be three leads and that the story would take place in California.
"Right now, we're working with three leads. It takes place in California - not Los Angeles, but some of the much lesser known venues of California - and we're going to try to capture a certain psychosphere ambiance of the place, much like we did in season one," he explained.
"The characters are all new, but I'm deeply in love with each of them. We've got the entire series broken out with a couple of scripts, and we'll probably start casting in earnest in the coming months," Pizzolatto added.
In the interview, Pizzolatto also said of the show, "In 'True Detective', the world itself is the crime... This corruption at the root of the world. The poison at the root of the world is humanity."
The first season of "True Detective", starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, was set in Louisiana. The "Dallas Buyers Club" actor has said that he will not be back for the second series. A report recently suggested that Jessica Chastain would take part in the upcoming season, but E! News reported that representatives for the actress and HBO denied the story.
More True Detective News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour