Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt Present 14-Minute Featurette of 'Edge of Tomorrow'
A 14-minute featurette of "Edge of Tomorrow" is released two weeks away from its theatrical release. Tom Cruise and co-star Emily Blunt sat on chairs to guide viewers into their latest action movie.
"Hi everyone," Cruise greeted. Blunt chimed in, "Tom and I are very excited to bring you an exclusive look into our new film 'Edge of Tomorrow'." Most of the scenes that followed can be found in the previously-released trailers, but the stars gave an even deeper meaning into the featurette by giving their personal thoughts.
Of the plot, Blunt said, "It's got a post-apocalypse feel to it, but people are surviving." Cruise said his character Cage is a marketing guy, a PR guy who is not a warrior but just wants to get out. "He wants to survive, it really comes down to survival," the actor explained. When it comes to Blunt's Rita, Cruise smiled and said, "She's a badass character. I love her." Blunt meanwhile joked that she enjoyed seeing Cruise, for once, played a helpless character.
Directed by Doug Liman, "Edge of Tomorrow" follows a soldier fighting in a war with aliens who finds himself caught in a time loop of his last day in the battle, though he becomes better skilled along the way. Pic will be released June 6 in U.S.
Cruise and the rest of the cast are promoting the film in three different cities - London, Paris and New York City - in one day on Wednesday, May 28. "When I heard about the premiere idea of three in one day, I just said, 'That's Tom's idea,' " Blunt said.
More Edge of Tomorrow News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3